Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting into this. Half my gym is a martial arts studio, and it would be waaaaaaaaay too easy to make it super convenient. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I haven't taken MMA before, but I was taking Brazilian JuJitsu before I started having kidney stones again...much of the MMA arena branched off of JuJitsu...it's a great form to get into...

·
Registered
158 Posts
MMA training/fighting

Hope this is what you were looking for (times vary depending on the shape ur in):
-CARDIO: -Jump rope- 5 to 20 mins
-Box hops- (set a box 6-8" on the ground and hop over it side to side) for at least 2 minutes
-Hill sprints- (any hill will do) sprint 1/2 way up hill, turn and sprint backwards, jog downhill, repeat 5-10 times
-Morning Jog/sprint (Before school or work-Good for lungs)- 3-5 miles, try to cut off 20-30 seconds on your last mile
-Strength: -Bench press (bar or dumbbells)- pm me if you want the weight chart I use
-Military Press- 3 sets of 5 (heavy weight, increase every set)
-Squat- (weight chart)
-Power Cleans- 3 sets of 5 (heavy weight, increase every set)
the rest is easy, sit ups, push ups, and make sure you do your obliques.. ALOT. I wish someone woulda told me that before I started training. Also, drink a gallon of water a day, and buying 100% weigh protein is a good investment with a protein enriched diet.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Do it. I took Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and MMA for about a month and learned an UNGODLY amount. My friends and I would wrestle and play fight for fun and stuff and we used to be even. But now it's like a joke.

I'm going to keep going to the gym and get in shape then start paying for the classes again once I'm in a better physical condition.

I HIGHLY reccomend it. You never know when it could come in handy to protect yourself or the ones you love.

·
resident nobody
65 Posts
My buddy does MMA by himself and I usually help him out in training sometimes... its a fucken work out, try this as a warm up
5 sets of...
-35 push ups
-35 sit ups
-40 berpies lolz
-100 jump ropes
-100 jumping jacks
sounds gay and shit but its a good warm up....
-
what are "berpies"? :dunno:

·
Registered
158 Posts
mma

also- 10 suicide mountain climbers (idk if thats what people call them in other parts of the country)- but its when you're standing straight up, then squat down, then kick your legs out, do a push up, (while still on all fours) pull one leg up to your chest then back to a push up stance, pull up your other knee to your chest then back to push up stance, and you do that 10 times rapidly, then push yourself back up. that's one. if you can understand that, its a very good addition to your workout.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
My boss is Brian Stann. He says that the best way to train is to fight. And the best way to get better at MMA and to increase your stamina is ground fighting(for a begginer atleast).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts