Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch went out this week, I just ordered a replacement on eBay. I bought the oem equivalent made by Exedy. Anyone ever replaced with one of these?

Or maybe an upgraded version of this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I upgraded to my 2004 GTS from my GS, I ended up going with a ACT Street Cluth Kit. When I bought my car, I had it less than a month before my clutch started to slip. The ACT Clutch is very nice, grabs good, and engagment isnt harsh at all.

Exedy Is very good also IMO. I eblieve similiar to stock OEM Clutchs, but not 100% Sure. Exedy Stage 1 should be nice also for Daily Driving.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet all I have is intake and exhaust, it says its rated up to 275 horse and 258 torque. I'm just looking to get it back on the road, but also didn't want to with some brand no one has heard of.

·
Spyder Dude
93 Posts
As far as I knew, Exedy makes the oem clutch for our cars...and most other clutches that common cars get from the factory these days. Unless I'm mistaken, the stage 1 Exedy clutch should be pretty much the same as stock

·
Registered
518 Posts
i have the stage 1 exedy and i love it. its not stiff at all (feels like stock) and it chirps 1st,2nd and 3rd gear :twothumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking at an 03 2.4 that needs a clutch, and i want to do it myself.. how much do i need in parts.. i assume im in for a new flywheel as well as the clutch was totally fried... autozone has a clutch for about 120... would that be any good.. maybe a flywheel and clutch kit.. dont wanna soup it up a lot.. but maybe a lightweight fyweel for quicker revs?

thanks

·
Low and Slow.
1,819 Posts
I'm looking at an 03 2.4 that needs a clutch, and i want to do it myself.. how much do i need in parts.. i assume im in for a new flywheel as well as the clutch was totally fried... autozone has a clutch for about 120... would that be any good.. maybe a flywheel and clutch kit.. dont wanna soup it up a lot.. but maybe a lightweight fyweel for quicker revs?

thanks
Rockauto has OEM style Exedy clutch and pressure plate for about $100; as for the flywheel, just take it to a local machine shop and get them to resurface it for $40.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, that's what used. Rockauto has it for $106 plus shipping. Find a coupon code and knock 5% off the part price.
Thanks. my car has a cold air intake and a pipe. If I put, say a tuner on it, would I have any issues with the clutch? Im thinking a tune and the pipe plus CAI might push it to around 300 hp. I may not tune it... but i kinda like the better performance and gas milage.

·
Low and Slow.
1,819 Posts
Thanks. my car has a cold air intake and a pipe. If I put, say a tuner on it, would I have any issues with the clutch? Im thinking a tune and the pipe plus CAI might push it to around 300 hp. I may not tune it... but i kinda like the better performance and gas milage.
Unless you have a big ol turbo on there, you wont touch 300 hp.

·
Low and Slow.
1,819 Posts
If you have the 2.4 4cyl like mentioned, you have less than 150hp. With a built motor, tuned but no turbo, I'd like to think you could squeeze an extra 30 HP out of it.
Trust me, that clutch will do you just fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts