Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a head unit for the first time and of course it wont just click in.

Anyway, would anyone be willing to walk me through a little bit of wiring on the phone? I have everything ready to put it in and its all wired up but It doesnt want to turn on :'[

I used the wire info from our site, but something wasnt right. some of the wires were different and such.

please let me know if you can help.

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Make sure that in the process you didn't touch somewires byaccident and burned the fuse. Check the fuse first just in case you have done the wireing correct.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah... it sounds like you just spliced into the factory wires, which is all fine and dandy, but try to get a Smart Harness from Circuit City, or the equivalent from Best Buy. You pretty much just have to click the plugs together, or attach a few wires if it's a Best Buy one. Much easier than trying to guess which wire is which.

If that doesn't work, make sure the stereo itself was working before. There is usually a fuse in that as well. Don't forget to make sure the radio is properly grounded. If not, it won't turn on, or it will ground out on something else. Nine times out of ten, it goes off the antenna wire, which is definately not good. Causes the radio to overheat fairly quickly.

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I realized not long after posting this that my interior lights wouldnt turn on and my auto locking quit working. And I recall now that my friend touched a wire to something metal on accident and blew a fuse out appearantly.

So yeah, I have a ripped out unit and need a fuse :'[

1 - 4 of 4 Posts