Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Android

Votes: 30 69.8%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Blue Waffle <-Google
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after being with at&t for the past 5 years..
Ive decided its time to make the switch from at&t to Verizon.
Verizon:
Prices :yesway:
Service :yesway:
Phone Options :yesway:
Unlimited Data Plans :yesway:

So myy problem is..
I cant decide between Apple and Android.
Android seems to have more apps on the market.
While Apple has better apps.

Ive been reading and from what ive read, Google needs to take more control with theyre roll in the Android market.

Can i have other peoples opinions on the 2 listed above? :dunno:

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
I've never used android so I can't really vote. It totally depends on what your needs are. I've heard android is a lot more open, not open sourced, but it's easy to root etc. and do different things.

As for service, I prefer ATT over Verizon, and from what I've heard from people with droids / iphones on verizon, ATT provides better service for them

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
apple is where its at. androids are just wanna be's lol

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
I've never used android so I can't really vote. It totally depends on what your needs are. I've heard android is a lot more open, not open sourced, but it's easy to root etc. and do different things.

As for service, I prefer ATT over Verizon, and from what I've heard from people with droids / iphones on verizon, ATT provides better service for them
Wow, thats the exact opposite of what i hear. I have Tmobile right now, but will be making the switch to Verizon in a few months I'm sure. All of my clients have ATT and ALWAYS complain about dropped calls and poor customer service. My Fiancé has verizon and has not had one complaint in over 5 years. As a friend would say, "what does that show?"

As for what phone, its really up to you.

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
I have coverage EVERYWHERE. But I am right near Boston, so idk how well it is up north. I don't get service in the NH mountains

·
hates "smart" people
3,569 Posts
I don't have an iPhone. But what I can say is, I like the big screen on my HD2 flashed with Android.

I have a friend who converted from iPhone to Android, and he loved it.

It really depends on the individual.

The main downside of Android for me currently is the Corporate WiFi which is buggy....

·
Ur a worthless noob
12,194 Posts
Well after being with at&t for the past 5 years..
Ive decided its time to make the switch from at&t to Verizon.
Verizon:
Prices :yesway:
I think you might be the first person in history to give Verizon a plus considered that ATT and Verizon are both the pricest cell phone companies :rofl:

Wow, thats the exact opposite of what i hear. I have Tmobile right now, but will be making the switch to Verizon in a few months I'm sure. All of my clients have ATT and ALWAYS complain about dropped calls and poor customer service. My Fiancé has verizon and has not had one complaint in over 5 years. As a friend would say, "what does that show?"

As for what phone, its really up to you.
Naw, ATT is very bad in the city. My brother switch over to Verizon when he was going to college there but went back to ATT, dont remember why but after 8 years or so..he might go back to Verizon.

·
Missin' CO
397 Posts
I prefer droids. Iphones aren't bad, but I think the droid is more flexible and customizable. I have AT&T and I very rarely lose service. I don't about any other companies besides Verizon. My girlfriend has Verizon and loses service all the time. I'm happy with AT&T and don't plan to change anytime soon.

·
FIX MY REP BRAH
105 Posts
they are both good its just a matter of personal preference...i mean my dads iphone4 rocks and has a great app market, but at the same time my brothers evo seems faster and I can hear a lot more clear than my dads iphone..Im still rocking a palm pixi hahaha

·
Blue Waffle <-Google
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you might be the first person in history to give Verizon a plus considered that ATT and Verizon are both the pricest cell phone companies :rofl:
They are the priciest.. but the both have some of the best phones on the market today..
ATT doesnt offer unlimited Data.. Which is just stupid IMO..
Once you go over theyre limit, you have to pay more.

With Verizon..
Ill get unlimited txt, data, mobile2mobile, night n weekends, and 450 minutes a month.. (I hardly ever talk on the phone so 450 is fine for me) for $82(military discount)

they are both good its just a matter of personal preference...i mean my dads iphone4 rocks and has a great app market, but at the same time my brothers evo seems faster and I can hear a lot more clear than my dads iphone..Im still rocking a palm pixi hahaha
Palm Pixi? :lolspit: wow..

Being in the military, all the bases ive been to seem to lack service when it comes to at&t. Indoors n outside.. Verizon and Sprint always seem to have it.
Also when im out on a ship.. Ive noticed at&t signal goes away fast.. Verizon last for a day out at sea before people lose signal..
-------

Iphone4 has 2 cameras which is something I find useful for talking to family back home since i dont get to see them much.
Android has a fast OS from what ive heard/read/seen.

So im still lost which to choose from..

·
FIX MY REP BRAH
105 Posts
They are the priciest.. but the both have some of the best phones on the market today..
Once you go over theyre limit, you have to pay more.

With Verizon..
Ill get unlimited txt, data, mobile2mobile, night n weekends, and 450 minutes a month.. (I hardly ever talk on the phone so 450 is fine for me) for $82(military discount)

Palm Pixi? :lolspit: wow..

Being in the military, all the bases ive been to seem to lack service when it comes to at&t. Indoors n outside.. Verizon and Sprint always seem to have it.
Also when im out on a ship.. Ive noticed at&t signal goes away fast.. Verizon last for a day out at sea before people lose signal..
-------

Iphone4 has 2 cameras which is something I find useful for talking to family back home since i dont get to see them much.
Android has a fast OS from what ive heard/read/seen.

So im still lost which to choose from..
:squint:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
wait for the iphone 5

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
How much data do you use exactly? I've got unlimited with ATT because I was grandfathered in, and my girlfriends line is limited, she's gone from iPhone to BB, and back and forth and during that time, as a farily heavy user, she's never hit the ceiling. So, again, how much data do you use exactly?

As for VZW and unlimited data, you'd better hurry up then you can call them stupid too.

Verizon keeps unlimited data plan for iPhone--for now | Signal Strength - CNET News

cnet said:
But the unlimited plan will not last for long. The company clarified its position on the unlimited data plan after its investor conference, stating that the iPhone unlimited data plan will be available for a "limited time." Verizon representatives declined to provide details about how long the window would last. But after the offer ends, Verizon will be moving to a usage-based billing model that is similar to what AT&T offers today. Verizon still hasn't disclosed pricing for its 4G LTE handsets, which are set to hit store shelves in the first half of 2011.

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
it is easier for someone to pick up an iphone who has ever used a "smartphone" compared to the evo for example.
Yeah, my folks both have iPhones on VZW, and they were easy for them to figure out, the salesmen were trying to push them on the Thunderbolt, but they couldn't make heads or tails of the thing.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts