Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Ancient
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PROGRAM FACTORY REMOTE

1. Insert the ignition key (put in OFF position)
2. Put cable between pin 1 of ODBII Connector and chassis ground ( steering joint are OK )

3. Close the doors
4. Press the hazard switch six times within 10 seconds ( press rapidly )
-At this time the code registration monitor request is output and becomes registration mode.( all doors lock and unlocked ) If the doors not lock and unlocked repeat step 4 from beginning
5. Press the transmitter swith,and then press it two times witin 10 seconds of the first press.This will register the code (all doors lock and unlocked )
-You have one minute to register another remote after this the car turn off registration mode.
6. Unground pin 1 of ODBII Connector
7. Take beer for the 60$ you have keep in you pocket.
Copied from www.Club3G.ca

·
Ancient
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MAKE ANY REMOTE START MANUAL "SAFE"

This will make any remote start duplicate the remote start "safe" feature of knowing when the car *should* be in neutral.

Here is what happens...

You get in the car and start it with the key. Once you close the door (or if the door was closed when you started it) relay #1 will pass the ground from 30 to 87a into relay #2. Relay #2 will send a ground to relay #5 which will then turn on relay #6. Once relay #6 is on it will not turn off unless ground is removed. Relay #6 energizes relay #7 which provides ground to the neutral safety.

When you leave the car you remote start it before you remove the key, that way the car stays running. Then when you open the door the door trigger goes to relay #3 but because the ignition is on it does not energize (energizing would turn off relay #6).

Then once you shut the door, with the car still running, you turn off the remote start.

Now you can remote start the car as much as you want as long as you don't open the door WHILE the car is NOT running. If the door is opened while the car is NOT running then it will energize relay #3 which will turn off relay #6 which will turn off relay #7 which will remove ground from the neutral safety wire. If you open the car door while the car IS running then nothing will happen. But if you turn off the car while the door is open then neutral safety will no longer be grounded and the car will no longer remote start.

·
Registered
60 Posts
MECP said:
PROGRAM FACTORY REMOTE

1. Insert the ignition key (put in OFF position)
2. Put cable between pin 1 of ODBII Connector and chassis ground ( steering joint are OK )

3. Close the doors
4. Press the hazard switch six times within 10 seconds ( press rapidly )
-At this time the code registration monitor request is output and becomes registration mode.( all doors lock and unlocked ) If the doors not lock and unlocked repeat step 4 from beginning
5. Press the transmitter swith,and then press it two times witin 10 seconds of the first press.This will register the code (all doors lock and unlocked )
-You have one minute to register another remote after this the car turn off registration mode.
6. Unground pin 1 of ODBII Connector
7. Take beer for the 60$ you have keep in you pocket.
Copied from www.Club3G.ca
ok, i need the pin diagram... i cant physically locate pin 1 otherwise.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This came up tonight because Marc (Warsheep) told me that he did not have Keyless Entry and what not, I told him that he had all the componets needed to make it work minus the remote, he just needed to do a few things to turn it on!

Well here are the instructions, I belive these instructions will work with the Strat R/T, Seb. LXi and Lancer models as well!!

*There are a few different kinds of remotes and 2 companys make them for our cars make sure you get one that will work with your year!

** These instructions are still untested on a local 3G however they have been proven to work on a Lancer that was sold new without Keyless and other 3G's on the main site. Updates will come when it is tested!

1> Insert the key in the ignition but don't turn it to any position. Leave it off.

2> Insert a wire into Pin 1 of the black connector under the steering wheel and ground the other end of it to the chassis. The steering joint will work, but I grounded mine to the metal piece the dash screws on to by the fuse box. Make sure you take a flashlight and look at which pin is pin 1, as they are labeled with little numbers. If you are sitting in the driver's seat looking straight ahead, its gonna be the bottom-right slot. If you hook it to the top right slot, like most people do the first time you are gonna blow your accessory fuse, and your power locks, windows, and other accessories will not function until you replace the fuse.

3> After you get the slot grounded, get in and close the doors, if you havn't already. Press the hazard light switch on the dash 10 times really quick. If done correctly, the doors will lock, then unlock indicating that you are in the keyless entry programming mode. Now, take your remote and press the lock button 3 times in 1 second intervals like 1--2--3 (Lock--Lock--Lock). About a second after the 3rd press, the doors will lock and unlock again to indicate that the remote has been programmed to the car. BOOM, you're done, unless you have another remote to program. If you do, just press the lock button on IT the same as you did the first remote. You can program up to 4 remotes for one car.

Usually, once the remote is programmed, you wont have to program it again. Even if your battery gets disconnected.
this is from club3gfl.com and i believe its alot more helpful since it explains where to find the pin that needs to be grounded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can also ground pin 1 by jumping it with a piece of wire (paper clip, etc..) to pin 4 which is the ground. Just finished programming mine for an 01' GT that was sold to me without a remote. Got my remote off ebay for $30 bucks.

·
MINI by proxy
4,408 Posts
I too bought a remote from an eBay seller. It came with instructions for how to program it... which I lost before testing.
I'm pretty sure what's been said here is accurate, but I'm NOT sure I want to test the "pin 4 is the ground" theory and risk blowing a fuse or frying something. Can anyone confirm the pin location(s) needed to program this remote?

·
Registered
27 Posts
where is the black box

so where is this black connector or so called OBD II i can't find it, i need to program my factory keyless entry. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Um... Yeah!?
32,055 Posts
ok, i need the pin diagram... i cant physically locate pin 1 otherwise.
so where is this black connector or so called OBD II i can't find it, i need to program my factory keyless entry. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Since I was just talking about this in another thread, I thought it best for me to include the diagram I found.

·
54,393 Posts
obd2 connector, per obd2 spec, is located on the drivers side footwell within arms reach kneeling kneeling beside the car. look near your left knee ;) might be up there a little or bent out of the way sometimes.

·
MINI by proxy
4,408 Posts
obd2 connector, per obd2 spec, is located on the drivers side footwell within arms reach kneeling kneeling beside the car. look near your <strike>left</strike> right knee ;) might be up there a little or bent out of the way sometimes.
It's on the same {vertical} plane as your gas pedal in the case of our cars. Follow the pedal up and then pull your hand back (towards you) and you should find it.

...I'm still unable to get my car into programming mode. :confused:
(Step 4 in << this guide >>)

·
n00b hater
5,255 Posts
MECP said:
Sorry to revive a thread so old, but I was browsing and going through some interesting topics and this was one of them. Anybody have a clue as to what this is referencing and is this possible. It sounds cool to do but the page is not recognizing.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
If you have an after market alarm (may work w. a factory one but i don't think so) you can set the AUX button on the remote to open the sunroof or open the windows I have also seen done.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I can't get my car to go into program mode for the keyless entry. I followed the how-to but wont enter program mode. Suggestions?

·
Registered
110 Posts
This should be update to have the "How to do the Big3"

·
very nice, how much?
751 Posts
Ok some plz help me.
Today i bought a brand new remote from the dealership.
These are the exact steps i followed.
1. I grounded pin 1 to the chasis, also tryed pin 1 to 4. (and i am for sure its pin 1 now because i blew my door fuses the first time i just came back from autozone.)
2. I got im my car once it was grounded, closed the doors, and put the key in the off position.
3. I hit the hazard switch 6 times really fast. And thats were im stuck at. The doors dont lock then unlock. I have tryed opening and closing my doors and hitting the switch several times now. I checked all my fuses. and made sure the wire was secure. What am i doing wrong?
Notes:
Im using basic wire with a gator clip on it to the chasis.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts