Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
very nice, how much?
751 Posts
PROGRAM FACTORY REMOTE

1. Insert the ignition key (put in OFF position)
2. Put cable between pin 1 of ODBII Connector and chassis ground ( steering joint are OK )

3. Close the doors
4. Press the hazard switch six times within 10 seconds ( press rapidly )
-At this time the code registration monitor request is output and becomes registration mode.( all doors lock and unlocked ) If the doors not lock and unlocked repeat step 4 from beginning
5. Press the transmitter swith,and then press it two times witin 10 seconds of the first press.This will register the code (all doors lock and unlocked )
-You have one minute to register another remote after this the car turn off registration mode.
6. Unground pin 1 of ODBII Connector
7. Take beer for the 60$ you have keep in you pocket.
Copied from www.Club3G.ca
Ok i found out why step 4 wasnt working for me
You have to close your doors first. Then ground pin 1 or you can ground pin 1 to pin 4. I spent 3 days trying to figure out why it wasnt working for me. So for anyone in the future this is the correct order in which i followed.
1. Get in car.
2. Close Doors.
3. Put key in ignition and leave in off position.
4. Ground pin 1 to pin 4.
5. Press the Hazard button 6 times really fast.
6. Doors then will automatically lock then unlock(kinda freaked me out, lol)
7. Press the "LOCK" button on your remote 3 times.
8. Doors will then lock then unlock again.
9. Unground pin 1 to 4.
10. Then enjoy your new remote. :)

O yeah and like i mentioned above make sure you ground pin 1. The first try I grounded then wrong pin and blew the electric door fuse. To recognize pin 1 it will be the bottom right side pin, when your sitting in the drivers seat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How to deprogram keyless entry remote?

Someone stole my keys a few days ago not too far from where I live so I'd like to deprogram the remote (clear any programmed remotes from my car).

Can anyone help me on how to do it? I've searched quite a bit but all I found were instructions on how to program a new remote.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
take out the screws on the bottom of the center console, remove the center center console, take out the radio screws, remove radio. done.

simplest thing on the car, if you can't figure that out, you shouldn't be allowed to work on your car. no offense.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Someone stole my keys a few days ago not too far from where I live so I'd like to deprogram the remote (clear any programmed remotes from my car).

Can anyone help me on how to do it? I've searched quite a bit but all I found were instructions on how to program a new remote.
This is an old question, but if you follow these steps it will clear all old codes and then replace it with the new ones. If you don't have a remote then after the doors lock unlock there just won't be any codes stored in it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
this all explains how to program a key-less remote... but can anyone tell me how to program a actual key itself? my car was sold to me with only one key, so I bought another off eBay and had it cut but no one around here can program it for me?

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts
this all explains how to program a key-less remote... but can anyone tell me how to program a actual key itself? my car was sold to me with only one key, so I bought another off eBay and had it cut but no one around here can program it for me?
Step 1: Open Yellow Pages
Step 2: Flip to "Automobile Dealers"
Step 3: Flip to "Mitsubishi"
Step 4: Locate Service Department telephone number
Step 5: Dial number
Step 6: Make appointment
Step 7: Keep appointment
Step 8: Pay $$$

--or--

Step 1: Open Yellow Pages
Step 2: Flip to "Locksmiths"
Step 4: Locate first telephone number
Step 5: Dial number
Step 6: Ask if they program vehicle chip keys (Mitsubishi)
Step 6a: If no, then return to step 4 and repeat with second telephone number; otherwise move to step 7.
Step 7: Make appointment
Step 8: Keep appointment
Step 8: Pay less $$$ than the dealer

·
Registered
2 Posts
PROGRAM FACTORY REMOTE

1. Insert the ignition key (put in OFF position)
2. Put cable between pin 1 of ODBII Connector and chassis ground ( steering joint are OK )

3. Close the doors
4. Press the hazard switch six times within 10 seconds ( press rapidly )
-At this time the code registration monitor request is output and becomes registration mode.( all doors lock and unlocked ) If the doors not lock and unlocked repeat step 4 from beginning
5. Press the transmitter swith,and then press it two times witin 10 seconds of the first press.This will register the code (all doors lock and unlocked )
-You have one minute to register another remote after this the car turn off registration mode.
6. Unground pin 1 of ODBII Connector
7. Take beer for the 60$ you have keep in you pocket.
Copied from www.Club3G.ca
i have done all of this numerous times nothing happens i have a 2000 ecplise gt

21 - 30 of 30 Posts