Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, not sure what forum this thread belongs in, so feel free to move it mods. :wavey:

I am trying to prepare for ASE Certification in the spring. If I pass, it will mean more money and possibly a promotion. All of my automotive experience stems from DIY, and a few months working at an auto parts store. My question is this: Any suggested reading? I usually learn well from books. I am currently working through the haynes techbooks. Is there anything else you guys suggest?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Hmm...I took most of mine while going through UTI back in the day (I think they've all expired by now though...since I'm not working in the automotive field anymore, I didn't have a need to maintain them). I'm trying to remember what the tests were like, but I think they focused more on how parts or systems worked...they may have covered some basic procedural stuff too, but if so I don't think it would have been that much since so much of working on cars is vehicle or manufacturer specific...also, most of my ASE certs were in the heavy truck field, I only had a couple/few in the automotive arena (I could have had more, I just never got around to taking the tests)...

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Advance has an ASE prep book, but it's not very good. I googled and got 12000 hits. Just wondering if anyone had found any that worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts