Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I can haz footballz?
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have Assassin's creed for 360 or PS3 yet?

Im just wondering what people think of the game before i decide to buy it or not. Well aside from the fact my PS3 is still broken :lol: Still, how is the plot? and the gameplay? is it repetitive?

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
I'm getting it for Christmas, I'm very excited. I haven't seen a bad review for it yet, but I'm interested to hear what people think now that they can actually get their hands on it

·
Life begins at 170
295 Posts
The game is a masterpiece - the graphics, sound, and attention to detail are superb, and the control scheme, though not completely original, is definitely out of the norm but works very, very well.

To put it into perspective, the game starts out in what looks like a cut scene until you realize that you can move the character around. And, from then on out, any cutscene in the game is, in some way, interactive to the player and running purely on the in-game graphics engine.

The gameworld, which is modeled in the Holy Land as accurately as possible, is enormous, with three main cities - Acre, Damascus, and Jerusalem - spread out across the overall kingdom. Each city is HUGE, has a multi-thousand number population which is entirely independent of you as a player, and each is broken up into three sections which will take a very long time to explore.

In short, the game is amazing. If there was anything to compare it to, think of it as a combination of Oblivion, Prince of Persia, and Thief/Splinter Cell, though it really stands out on its own. The game's definitely worth checking out.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I bought it last night. I love everything about it. It is probably one of the best games I have played in a while. Although there were a few times when I was cussing at the TV because he would NOT climb the wall I wanted him to, when I was being chased, so I died and it made me a little bit mad. But besides that everything about it is great. Im sure you won't have the same problem I had.

·
Registered
116 Posts
How long is the game? Call of Duty is holding me for a while but if I'm spending 60 bucks for a new game I want an 8+ experience.

·
n00b hater
5,255 Posts
The game is a masterpiece - the graphics, sound, and attention to detail are superb, and the control scheme, though not completely original, is definitely out of the norm but works very, very well.

To put it into perspective, the game starts out in what looks like a cut scene until you realize that you can move the character around. And, from then on out, any cutscene in the game is, in some way, interactive to the player and running purely on the in-game graphics engine.

The gameworld, which is modeled in the Holy Land as accurately as possible, is enormous, with three main cities - Acre, Damascus, and Jerusalem - spread out across the overall kingdom. Each city is HUGE, has a multi-thousand number population which is entirely independent of you as a player, and each is broken up into three sections which will take a very long time to explore.

In short, the game is amazing. If there was anything to compare it to, think of it as a combination of Oblivion, Prince of Persia, and Thief/Splinter Cell, though it really stands out on its own. The game's definitely worth checking out.
Sounds awesome. Thanks for the insight. I'll definately check that out. I played the DEMO for Clive Barkers Jericho. Thought about picking that up lastnight but I didn't. Just quite a few game for PS3 I want to pick up, just not for sure which one yet. :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
yea i saw that review. but i still bought the game. its a fun game. but most of it its repeating. if not dude. just go rent the game :)

·
Unemployable
3,617 Posts
I stopped trusting IGN over the past year or so. For years they built up to be one of the most respected sites, and now it seems that they rate games as either great or trash. I take metacritic.com scores into consideration now because it gives a cumulative score based on several reviewing entities.

·
I can haz footballz?
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I stopped trusting IGN over the past year or so. For years they built up to be one of the most respected sites, and now it seems that they rate games as either great or trash. I take metacritic.com scores into consideration now because it gives a cumulative score based on several reviewing entities.
:agreed: IGN has been pissing me off lately. There is no inbetween, its either a 9.8 or a 5.5.

·
I do not approve.
11,569 Posts

Absolutely. I couldn't say it any better, though I don't see the Oblivion reference. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
I can see the Oblivion reference. I'm guessing he meant it is like Oblivion because you can go everywhere and anywhere in your explorations.

·
Meow.
7,786 Posts
Fun game. I haven't beaten it yet, but I've been busy...

The controls are different, but by no means "hard" to get the hang of. It is a bit repetitive, but meh. The game itself is a lot of fun, and when I get a bit bored of the repetition I just start picking fights :D I freaking LOVE the animations in the fighting/assassinations. Amazing.

The sequel will probably fix the issues of the first one, it should be pure awesome. I can't wait :wiggle:

·
Fear my erep power
4,294,967,295 Posts
I started playing this for PS3. Cool so far

If I find all of flag type XX, or kill all of the XX dudes do I get anything besides a pat on back?

·
08/05/2008
5,624 Posts
I collected all of the assassin flags (20/20) and got nothing. I killed all the templar (60/60) and got nothing. So after getting closer to completion on the King Richard flags (the 100 in the Kingdom) I started to research online and seemingly they are there for X-Box 360 achievements. On the PS3 they are just there is my understanding. One guy said completing everything gave him a different ending and was quickly called a liar and a troll. Another guy posted that he heard completing them all unlocked a crossbow weapon but I'll be damed if I put in all that really unfun (try being at 95/100 flags in Kingdom and know there are five you missed somewhere across all that land mass, structure, and foliage) effort in an attempt to maybe, possibly, get a crossbow.

Overall cool game, I look forward to the next one and what optimizations they come up with. After the fourth mission the gameplay was very noticeably repetitive, there needs to be more variety in the voice of citizens, I really came to hate the beggars,drunks, and crazies in the streets but it did make stealth killing them and leaving them in your wake fun (minus the whole health loss/sync thing). The ending was kind of predictable and the abrupt ending with really no mini closure was irksome. Overall I am happy with the purchase since it was ~$38 at Best Buy. Absolutely no replay value though, which is a bummer. My favorite couter kill is where he spins around, hitting the victim in the arm with the flat of his blade, breaking it. Looks completely brutal. Also hearing some of the guys screaming for help and losing there minds after they are "dead" made me literally laugh out loud.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts