Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
I posted"help cyl. E misfire" and got a few replies(thank you) BUT nothing ive done has fixed the cyl. 3 misfire. Ive.... Replaced plug wire, moved coil around, checked spark plug, checked wiring to injector, reman injector in hole, using correct resistor for injectors. Replaced head gasket reflashed ecu with larger injector info,checked timing belt alingment..... Wtf am i missing im about ready to send it to the crusher. Ijust rebuilt eng. And itdif not do this before rebuild is correct so what the hell am i not checking or doing please help i truly at my wits end
Which ECU are you using because the ECU to the 1997 motor matches the camshaft housing causing the 97 ECU to set the timing. Next check the MAP sensor for working correctly by spraying alcohol and/or carb cleaner into the hole it reads the air from, also spray alcohol into the MAP sensor to clean it. Is the IAC working correctly and are you only getting a PO300 code after unplugging the battery for more than six hours.

· Registered
92 Posts
Im using the gen 3 ecu at this point should i convert to the gen2?
You need the ECU to the GEN 2 vehicle or take the camshaft housing off of the Gen 2 and install it on the GEN 3 but all of the ignition parts have to match the ECU to start because of the key code set in the ECU at the factory. You need to use all of the same ingnition and camshaft housing parts from the GEN 2 or the GEN 3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts