Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
Are you using the correct ECU for that Gen2 engine setup ? You pretty much drained my brain on this one, but I am not much of a four-banger kind of guy. Pretty frustrating, ...J.D.馃槯

Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
I am having the notion that there is some mismatched pieces in there somewhere. I am not that knowledgeable on the 4 cylinder engines, but if some electrical component does not mate up with another, that could be a problem on a car like this that is put together from various pieces. ...J.D.

Registered
Just a leak down have to order noid light. Plug not wet with fuel but blackened from being too rich
The too rich plug reading is probably from the misfire. Not a fuel issue. Check the injector out with the noid light when you get it, but I would keep looking at ignition or ECU. ...J.D.

Registered
Well jd i apreciate your help and this is what ive determined, after getting the noid light i found that cyl. 3 injector is not firing so i did a continuity chech from ecu plug to injector plug and it checks out fine so that leaves the ecu. I found a place that repairs thembut i dont know them or if there any good and they seem s bit pricey. Do you know or any ine else know a reputable place to get my ecu repaired?
Afraid I cannot help you sourcing a rebuilt ECU. I know they are not cheap. At least you are getting down to the real issue here. I was worried there might be some changes between the 2nd and 3rd. gen cars in thier ECU. You become your own engineer when you build something like this. Also the difference between an ECU for a turbo engine as opposed to non- turbo [how does the ECU look at positive manifold pressure as opposed the vacuum in the manifold]. Again, I have little knowledge of the 4cyl. car other than owning one once. ...J.D.

Registered
Glad you found it. Sometimes it really takes some digging :D. Also thank you for following through on your post. That way we benefit with the experience as well ...J.D.

Registered
Thank you guy for yor help and ahh speaking of that who good with ecuflash i have a question or two no over the net tuning rather how do i do this or that ?
Cannot help you on that one. Not in my realm of knowledge. ...J.D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts