Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
So just to go over basics here so we're all working the same knowledge set let's review how the injector circuit works.
There's a fuse that powers the injectors (and probably other things) that's running on a common wire to the injectors for shared fused power. The ECM pulls that +12 down to ground one injector at a time to turn it on. You should be seeing constant power at one wire with the ignition on and ground turning off and on at the other wire with the engine cranking or running. The noid light needs BOTH power and ground to light the bulb, the bulb not lighting does not automatically mean the ECU is not grounding it if you're only probing the injector. You need to connect the noid light to B+ AND the ECM injector control circuit AT the ECM connector via a backprobe to know it's the ECM. The noid light not lighting at the injector still leaves the possibility that injector power is the problem due to a broken or corroded wire somewhere. You should at least ohm check between the injector connector + terminal and the fuse and see low ohms, usually OEM's want under 5 ohms on circuits like that. The ECU should be the last thing to replace when throwing parts at a problem since it's a big ticket item, you want to be sure.
Good point about it going to ground prior to reaching the injector if the wired shorted to ground continuity would register but not be compleating the circet.
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Eell i got lots for you then, i got the tactrix 2.0 to work 5 times out 0f 50 and in wanting to make sure i had plenty ov voltage to do the flash i hooked up my batt charger wich for some reason during the reading of the ecu both of my coils blew the capacitors and are junk. All i managed to do wss change the size of my injectors wich helped a little but the car is still not runable. On a positive note i did figure out it eas a bad wire to no. 3 injector that eas causing the misfire.(thanks for the help on that one i sincerely apreciate it).
So at this point im trying to find another tsctrix unit ( a real one) and shopping for coils.
I also came across merlin's guide to ecuflash tuning wich filled in a few blanks and found it very helpfull. Have you heard of it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Me too and thanks again.
I hate it when simple insalls blow up into nightmares. And its funny on clients rigs every thing goes retivly smooth but i go and work on my personal projects and the gremlins come out of the wood work and wreak havoc. Lol(sort of)

·
Super Moderator
54,045 Posts
I'm going up against a similar situation with my Celica and an intake manifold install trying to make it 107% perfect like if it was stock, I feel ya man! Battling with some slightly high idle currently and ended up finding out my Q45 throttle body was bad, had been apart and back together BACKWARD. WHO DOES THAT? Always some shit and never normal stuff.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
679 Posts
Glad you found it. Sometimes it really takes some digging :D. Also thank you for following through on your post. That way we benefit with the experience as well ...J.D.

·
Super Moderator
54,045 Posts
Unfortunately I know nothing about that, I could only refer to search here as someone has probably had a similar enough issue to yours to get you going.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

61 - 74 of 74 Posts