Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about installing two 12" subs but I don't know how many watts to get for those subs I would like to get the best output possible of course at a reasonable price as well

If someone has suggestions as to a whole sound system to get they are more than welcome to share

Thank You

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do you have already, and what are your goals for your system?
currently it is stock i just like to research and find out from people that know a bit more than i do before anything and for the future i want a mean system but little by little

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
Honestly, wattage can be very deceiving. I've seen plenty of high watt systems get beat out by much better lower watt systems.

Basically your quality of the subs you get and the design of the box you put them in will effect the performance. Don't go looking at subs for their peak power either. Look at the RMS and base decisions off of that.

·
FearIsTheMindKiller
3,936 Posts
As previously mentioned, Ken can give you some amazing advice for any particular build.

·
Smart Ass
2,526 Posts
like i normally say, for a hatchback, you really only need 1 12". as far as wattage, i agree what has been said in here, higher wattage isn't everything. you want more quality compared to higher wattage. take a Sony Xploid vs an Infinity Kappa 12" subs, the sound of the infinity will be by far better.

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts
currently it is stock i just like to research and find out from people that know a bit more than i do before anything and for the future i want a mean system but little by little
What do you want out of the system? Just something better than stock? High sound quality? Super-loud to annoy the neighbours down the street? Show off to friends?

You need to understand your end-game before doing research. Any of those reasons are fine, just be honest with yourself, then you'll be happy with the suggestions you get. :yesway:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you want out of the system? Just something better than stock? High sound quality? Super-loud to annoy the neighbours down the street? Show off to friends?

You need to understand your end-game before doing research. Any of those reasons are fine, just be honest with yourself, then you'll be happy with the suggestions you get. :yesway:
hahaha jea super loud with great sound quality and some flash to show off to friend

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
like i normally say, for a hatchback, you really only need 1 12". as far as wattage, i agree what has been said in here, higher wattage isn't everything. you want more quality compared to higher wattage. take a Sony Xploid vs an Infinity Kappa 12" subs, the sound of the infinity will be by far better.
I've heard this a lot but is there a specific reason as to why people suggest one 12" sub rather than 2 in a hatchback?

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts
I've heard this a lot but is there a specific reason as to why people suggest one 12" sub rather than 2 in a hatchback?
Because many people don't like to lose their entire trunk to an enclosure. They also may have a different system objective than you do.

If you want loud and clear, then you're going to need at least a couple of amplifiers - a monoblock for the subs, and a multi-channel for the mids/highs, a good head unit (so that it doesn't skip CD's when the bass hits), replacement speakers to handle the extra power in the doors and (if you want them) in the rear side panels, and likely two 12" subs.

A lot of this setup obviously depends on how much you have to spend, and how much space you're willing to sacrifice. Also, have you thought about security? How are you going to protect your system?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Because many people don't like to lose their entire trunk to an enclosure. They also may have a different system objective than you do.

If you want loud and clear, then you're going to need at least a couple of amplifiers - a monoblock for the subs, and a multi-channel for the mids/highs, a good head unit (so that it doesn't skip CD's when the bass hits), replacement speakers to handle the extra power in the doors and (if you want them) in the rear side panels, and likely two 12" subs.

A lot of this setup obviously depends on how much you have to spend, and how much space you're willing to sacrifice. Also, have you thought about security? How are you going to protect your system?
money isn't that much of an issue because whatever i do decide to install will come little by little. I'm willing to sacrifice half of my trunk. I'm not sure what you mean by security

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got 2 p3's in my trunk and they are almost too loud for the car. If I turn them up not even half way my rearview mirrow goes crazy. When i was at school i easily had the best/loudest soundsystem there. I dont know how much they are going to cost you because my uncle owns a car audio business and I get all my stuff cheap.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now those are some detailed requirements on what you want... :facepalm:
hahaha jea i know actually that's what i want it to generally do and I'm just asking for general suggestions maybe some of you guys already have systems installed that you guys are happy with that i might find appealing as well

·
Smart Ass
2,526 Posts
the reason why i only suggest one is because a hatchback will sound louder than a typical car with a trunk. I have seen a difference in eclipses, 350z's, yaris, etc. not to mention you can buy 1 quality 12" and get good clarity and loudness

and if you need amps, i have a kicker 1500 watt mono block and kicker 350 watt 4 channel for sale

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
a friend of mine just shipped me two Power Acoustik 12" Dual 2-Ohm 2600W P3 Series Subs

SPECIFICATIONS

* Subwoofer Size : 12"
* Design : 2-Ohm
* Power Handling (RMS) : 1000 Watts
* Power Handling (MAX) : 2600 Watts
* Power Handling (Combined) MAX : N/A
* Sensitivity : 87dB
* Frequency Response : 28HZ~800KHz
* Impedance : 2-Ohms

i dont know much about audio but what do you guys think about this sub?

·
Registered
524 Posts
seems like a pretty good sub iv never personally used them besides there amps and for that sub you would need a 800 watt (rms) amp i have one made by that same brand and get a mono block amp

1 - 20 of 21 Posts