Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys thanks for all the advice and input u guys give us. I have an 03 eclipse gs, I have install a dual flip-up deck, 2 12' Kicker Comp VR's powered by a 6channel 1,600watt JL Audio Amp. Now, my audio is going through the stock amp as well, will i have been sound quality with the stock amp, due to the fact that my deck is 200watts. Also, I need help with placement of my amp, its one of the long type amps so i need a good place to put it besides the back of the sub box. I want to have it with the seats but the seats split into two, does anybody have any pictures or a better place? Also, my sub box is huge anyway taking most of the space in my trunk besides a golf club space like the spyders, since i can't fix that problem, does anybody know how to bolt it down so it doesn't move. Also, when my subs hit in the back with the volume is up high they seem to want to cut out, i have changed the AV cables and that doesn't fix it. What happens is when this happens the amp goes into protection mode, the subs cut out, then it resets. What do u guys think is causing that problem. thank u.

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
What channels of the JL amp are hooked up to the CVR's? Why are you running the rest of your speakers through the OEM amp when you have a perfectly great 6 channel to run them? Just screw your amp into the back of the seats, they will now fold down as one seat.

Your amp is probably going into protection because you have the CVR's hooked up to the wrong channel(s) and/or they are at too low of an impedance for the channel(s) they are hooked up to.

Now, my audio is going through the stock amp as well, will i have been sound quality with the stock amp, due to the fact that my deck is 200watts
This makes absolutely no sense.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
when my subs hit in the back with the volume is up high they seem to want to cut out, i have changed the AV cables and that doesn't fix it. What happens is when this happens the amp goes into protection mode, the subs cut out, then it resets. What do u guys think is causing that problem. thank u.
I'd say your amp is clipping if it only happens at high volume. Try turning the "gain" knob down on the amp and see if that fixes the issue. If not recheck your wiring. I'd suggest posting up EXACTLY how everything is wired if you need someone to "hold your hand" through this troubleshooting. The more info you provide the better advice you will get.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay this is how the hook up is. I have a Dual XDVD8183 Flip-Up Deck 200watts, it is connected to the stock amp to power the interior speakers which are infinity stocks. I have two 12' Kicker Comp VRs that our connected to channels 5 & 6, the gain is turn about 3/4 of the way with bass boost set on the amp. I plan on hooking up the rest of my interior speakers to the JL amp but i have stocks. Will my amp blow the interior speakers if i were to connect them to the JL amp? The amp is also set on LP with 120hz.

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
Are the CVR's dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm voice coils? How are they wired? Turn your gain and bass boost down. Yes your JL amp will eventually blow the stock speakers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe they our 4ohms, The amp itself looks like that the subs our suppose to be hookup with channels 5 & 6 due to the fact that the bass boost control is on those channels. I plan in the future to hook up all my interior speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts