Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was gonna say that but i thought it has a eclipse. But i dont know if they have eclipses in Puerto Rico. Right?

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
sounds like a monster! :)

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
Ummmm... it's impossible to make 500 WHP (or even BHP) on 6 PSI on the 6G74. It's simply impossible.

Assume you have 300 BHP N/A (which would be a feat in of itself) on a 6G74. 6 PSI over 1 ATM (14.7 PSI) = 20.7 PSI. Assuming the air temperature is the same at the turbo inlet and at the TB (yeah right), that would be 1.408 times the volume of the stock 3.5L engine, meaning 1.408 times the power/torque. That's only 422 BHP in a PERFECT world where intercoolers are magical.

That would be around 360 WHP. I call major BS on this 500 WHP (maybe BHP, even?) figure.

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
^ It said it was running 19 psi in the other video.
O, whatever. That's about right.

The transmission isn't going to last long though :ugh2: I've blown up 2 automatics on 300 WHP and auxiliary coolers.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Didn't zeeshan run a 12.5 with just 400whp?? I mean I know the auto is usually slower than the manual, but they also claim that a good high stall tq converter can knock .5-1 full second off your e.t.

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
Didn't zeeshan run a 12.5 with just 400whp?? I mean I know the auto is usually slower than the manual, but they also claim that a good high stall tq converter can knock .5-1 full second off your e.t.
That high stall torque converter claim is BS. I lost maybe .1 second off my ET when I was running 7 PSI. Manual swap got me almost a full second though :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
With that much Hp I would definitely look into building that auto tranny, and with some work he could get that auto to run faster then any manual could.

·
Registered
282 Posts
yeah it does....., but how much of a differance does that make??? enough to shave off .4... Maybe i'm thinking since the diamante is probably heavier, and what not....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Diamante is 200-300 lbs heavier. And an LSD would be a huge difference. Either way I'd like to see the mods list for the D.

·
Ironworker Local #16
723 Posts
I doubt that has 500 WHP. What video said it's running 19 psi? I didn't even see a 500 WHP dyno sheet On either of those videos.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts