Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey have an 04 gt spyder with around 179,000 on the engine and transmission. I’m the second owner but not sure if the transmission has ever been serviced ….. my shop is advising not to flush it because of metal shavings and whatnot. Do I need to?

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
368 Posts
Do you not have a local Transmission Shop... They can inspect your trans for a small fee and tell you what needs to be done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey have an 04 gt spyder with around 179,000 on the engine and transmission. I’m the second owner but not sure if the transmission has ever been serviced ….. my shop is advising not to flush it because of metal shavings and whatnot. Do I need to?
Sooooo Mitsubishi screwed us owners when it comes to servicing the automatic transmission because you have to separate the transmission from the engine to access the metal plate covering the transmission FILTER...wtf Mitsubishi !!! ..... the other thing you can do is to drain the transmission fluid every 10,000 miles because the transmission happens to have a factory drain plug, 4.8 quarts is transmission fluid capacity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts