Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on Slickdeals.net and I made two posts in a row on one thread. After the second post, the posts were automatically merged. I've never seen this and thought it was really cool. Would be nice to keep threads shorter.

·
Skee Ball Champion
1,880 Posts
This is only if you post in the same thread? Will it still work if someone else posts in between them?

Just a test

·
vBulletin Admin
16,671 Posts
Why would you post to your own reply in under 10 minutes? And if you did, why not just combine your posts?

·
Um... Yeah!?
32,055 Posts
In my case, there are a few threads in OT where I might only post a few pics at a time, but with several successive posts into the thread...

I basically do this to keep the total number of images to be shown in each page of the thread down, so that people don't have to download as many images to view the page (although it makes no difference for threads that don't make it past the first page). And also I might not find all of the images I want to post at once, so it takes some time to get more into the thread (but usually not as long as 10 minutes, unless the server craps out on me).

·
vBulletin Admin
16,671 Posts
In my case, there are a few threads in OT where I might only post a few pics at a time, but with several successive posts into the thread...

I basically do this to keep the total number of images to be shown in each page of the thread down, so that people don't have to download as many images to view the page (although it makes no difference for threads that don't make it past the first page). And also I might not find all of the images I want to post at once, so it takes some time to get more into the thread (but usually not as long as 10 minutes, unless the server craps out on me).
What sounds reasonable to you?

·
MINI by proxy
4,408 Posts
Why would you post to your own reply in under 10 minutes? And if you did, why not just combine your posts?
And in my case there's our (Southwest) regional section, where I make meet threads like this one.

·
Um... Yeah!?
32,055 Posts
What sounds reasonable to you?
Five minutes might be better. As long as the time doesn't have any adverse effects on the server load.

·
I violated Sam
10,867 Posts
To be honest, I can't think of any reason off the top of my head. I was thinking more on the lines that if I did post twice in as much as 10 minutes apart there probably would have been a reason I would have done it, not a mistake.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
To be honest, I can't think of any reason off the top of my head. I was thinking more on the lines that if I did post twice in as much as 10 minutes apart there probably would have been a reason I would have done it, not a mistake.

maybe replying to someone that asked a question pretaining to the post you just made.

·
Mitsu In Disguise
632 Posts
maybe replying to someone that asked a question pretaining to the post you just made.
I believe the posts are automerged if they are back to back posts. If you post then someone else replys and you post again, they won't automerge.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.