Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 03 Spyder GS manual owner. Reverse lights not working. I've read other posts and what to check. Getting 12v to both sockets when in reverse gear. When I put in two new 1156 bulbs and put in reverse they both lit for quarter second and went out. I couldn't get them to light up again. Bulbs don't seem blown both filaments look fine and tested for continuity. I cleaned connections in both sockets. Fuse good. I think reverse sensor is ok I can reliably get the 12v to the sockets when I put it in reverse with key turned (not motor running.)
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part
I disconnected sensor (see picture) and some have said it defaults closed but didn't see 12v to sockets. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
@djwcaw .... You posted this same question three hours ago. I see you join eight days ago so you may not be aware that this is frowned upon . While I do not have an answer for you please be patient and someone with more skill than I will surly answer. By the way.................Welcome to the club.. It`s good to have you aboard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@djwcaw .... You posted this same question three hours ago. I see you join eight days ago so you may not be aware that this is frowned upon . While I do not have an answer for you please be patient and someone with more skill than I will surly answer. By the way.................Welcome to the club.. It`s good to have you aboard.
I apologize please delete other post. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
Sorry brother but I have no clue how to do that.. I am just a member like you . I was just giving you a heads up . I`m sure one of the mod`s will see this and delete it for you.. No big deal.. Hang in there and tell us more about your car.. Everybody loves a good build..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replaced switch (had to buy a half inch wrench with 24mm socket) to get that sucka out but backup lights now working thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts