Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my battery died, so i brought it to auto zone to return it (its fairly new) and they said its still good. took it home, charged it, car started right up; turned it off and started it right up again. I let it idle for and hour or so, then drove it around for an hour or so, and everything was fine. sat in the drive way for a min while it ran to check everything, shut it off, and imediately went to start it and NOTHING, the light for my open door would not even light up.

any idea's on what it couls be?

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
alternater not charging your battery??? maybe

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Why didn't you get the charging system checked while you were at Autozone if you were having problems...:ugh2:

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Did you check the fuse between the alt and the battery (on the battery terminal)? Check that using a DVM. If its good I'd say your alt is toast (or at best your serp belt is way loose). If the fuse is toast then disconnect the battery and replace the fuse. I think that part is called the "fusible link". Might be like $15 or so from the dealer.

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys.

btw i did not bring the car to auto zone, just the battery.

i will try the fuse.

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked the fuse on the positive battery terminal, and its good. this afternoon i will put a volt meter on the alternater to see what it is putting out.

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:noplease: just to let everyone know, it was the battery terminal.

Thanks for the help guys! i was really scratching my head on this one.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
That's what these forums are for...glad you got it fixed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts