Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to add an amplifier but I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to get the power wire from the battery to the amp... I thought to use a battery clamp. But when I saw all the wires plugged into the + I got VERY CONFUSED!!! Is adding a battery clamp the best way to add an amp to the battery? BTW, everyhing is stock. If so, how is it done?

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
Easiest way is to use a ring terminal. Just disconnect the + terminal (AFTER DISCONNECTING THE NEGATIVE) and then put the ring terminal over the post, and then bolt the oem terminal down.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great! i thougt i was going to have to buy the battery clamp thing... one more question. where is the best place to measure your voltage, like from the fused distribution block, from the battery, from your dash lighter, etc. thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think im not expressing myself correctly. one of those things to make sure your charging system is operating at the correct voltage range. (12-15 volts). some fuse blocks have them built-in. i have also seen it on some audiobahn amps. do you know what im talking about now.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
i think im not expressing myself correctly. one of those things to make sure your charging system is operating at the correct voltage range. (12-15 volts). some fuse blocks have them built-in. i have also seen it on some audiobahn amps. do you know what im talking about now.
Ya, thats a voltmeter. Are you just trying to monitor battery's output voltage or view something in particular? If just the battery voltage then I think you would want to hook that up like this:

negative = chassis ground (or negative battery terminal)
positive = ignition circuit
*I think if you connected the positive wire straight to the battery then it would constantly monitor that voltage and thus use the power from the battery thus draining it and causing your car to not start (eventually). Most voltmeter gauges come with install instructions.

If you just want to view the voltage once and not include a permanent gauge then just put the + wire to the positive battery post and the - wire to the negative battery post. That will tell you what your battery/car voltage is.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
basically this is what im wondering. some fused distribution blocks have a built-in voltage meter. is this a good place to monitor voltage?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts