Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

we always race around and i always pull on him somehow. i have a bonestock 00 gt and his car has dc headers, full catback, intake, and he claims some kind of gsr internals. yet whether it's from a dead stop or we're on the interstate...my car just somehow pulls away. he said his car has 180hp compared to my 200. but his car is like 600 lbs. lighter...so it baffles me...but hey, i sure aint complaining haha

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
we always race around and i always pull on him somehow. i have a bonestock 00 gt and his car has dc headers, full catback, intake, and he claims some kind of gsr internals. yet whether it's from a dead stop or we're on the interstate...my car just somehow pulls away. he said his car has 180hp compared to my 200. but his car is like 600 lbs. lighter...so it baffles me...but hey, i sure aint complaining haha[/QUOTE]

gsr is no differnt internals, just a 1.8L no way he has 180 whp, the car came with 150

·
Registered
151 Posts
You also dont have 200 whp.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha. i love em. he let me drive it one night and oh man, it's the loudest shit ever. so it sounds like a crazy racecar inside...even though it's kinda slow. lol. it's just cool cuz everyone wants to race it since it's a riced out civic like every other guy's civ. when he brags to chicks about how nice and fast it is, im like too bad my stock tank of a car can beat ur car with 10k$ worth of shit in it. haha

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
B16 is 1.6L DOHC vtec. Your buddy must not know how to drive his car then because a B16 should be equal to your car if not faster. My gsr motor would easily run low 14's. 13's if i could get traction. But my car also weighs 2400lbs (hatch) and my power band doesn't die till 8200rpm.

B16 head and GSR heads are pretty similar so gsr cams probably arent that different from B16 cams

Also how does he have 10k worth of stuff?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
haha. i love em. he let me drive it one night and oh man, it's the loudest shit ever. so it sounds like a crazy racecar inside...even though it's kinda slow.
That sounds like a GREAT combination! :ugh2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.