Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i just bought a 2000 eclipse gt fully stock, 50k miles, owned by a old ass lady traded into a dealer, they were asking 8k and got it for 6...Nothing wrong except the typical 2000 overheating shit which the dealership took care of for free because of the NYS Lemon Law... Alright anyway now i got that out of the way, after the 2 month full coverage warrenty is up im going to start modding this baby out. I was never into jap cars and was always a american made guy with my lifted trucks and mustangs...but now this car has fallen into my lap and i realize the power behind the jap v6. So to begin my mods I was going to do a catback, however i didnt realize the HP increase was nothing from mitshi's amazing exhaust, now what if I did a headers back?? or a complete exhaust swap would that add a nice amount? Im looking to turn this into a 10-11 second car and i have the money to do so. I just know nothing about tuners at all. What type of CAI should i go with? I was thinking AEM? What other perform mods should I do right at the begining i got like 2-4 grand to spend. Im going to drop a turbo in sooner or later but thats going to be one of the last things. What about a radiator upgrade? The car is in real good condition and im putting a carbon fiber hood on... Is there anything i can do cheap for performance? Ill take any input...thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Welcome. All of the things you mentioned won't do squat, except for the turbo. I would save up and focus on that first, if you're intent on making this a fast car.

Just a heads-up, this is the wrong section.

One last point, there's no way you're hitting 11 seconds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appologize for the wrong post area, i had know idea where to put it and figured this would be the best...where do you think i should relocate it too? and i thought it was possible i was at the track and saw someone do a 10.6 in it

·
Super Moderator
4,743 Posts
Take some time to search the forums, drop the "Jap" adjective since the car was made in America, search the forums, listen to the advice of the above post, and search the forums. All your questions have been answered already.

No, you did not see a 3G do a 10.6, maybe on a 1/8 mile track.

Oh, and read the sticky at the top of this forum entitled "Read This First" and then make your way to the New Member's Forum and read the stuck threads at the top of that forum, most notably The Doctrine of Club 3G.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.