Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alternator belt snapped the other day on my 3g gt. I got a new belt and got around everything pretty easily but can't seem to get the belt tensioned properly. I've messed with the tensioner but it doesn't seem like i can get the belt any tighter than it already is. Any advice on how to tension it properly would be greatly appreciated. thanx

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is the tensioner already maxed out as tight as it can get? If so maybe the belt is the wrong size. Also for a properly adjusted belt it doesnt have to be RFT (really fucking tight) you push down on the belt and 1/2 inch of slack is good.

Also here is a link to another forum with the 3g complete service manual for you to save for the future. I've found it very helpful at times.

3G Online Service Manual -

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think the tensioner is maxed. I loosend that center nut and the back bolt and brought the tensioner as far down as possible but their still seems to be to much slack. Their is prolly about 1 inch of slack and i thought maybe that was cool but when i turned my car on it was squealing really bad and the belt looked really wobbly. I guess they could of given me the wrong belt at autozone i'll have to check in the morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts