Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced my spark-plug for colder plugs and my injectors for bosch 42lbs I hope thats the solution.

more fuel = colder cylinders ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Voila

6G72 forged with CP piston .30 oversize
Turbo TD05 BIG 16G at 7PSI
Front mount intercooler Spearco
6 Venom 310 injectors
Innovate Wideband
Turbo XS blow off valve
Fuel pump Walbro 255LPH
FMU fuel regulator
E-manage blue + ECU Flash

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are you running for an a/f and EGT's?

Air-fuel Tuned with e-manage and ECU flash and Innovate Wideband
EGT ???

Any suggestions ?

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
dur...why didn't i think of that...lol

Figured a guy with an FI car should know what detonation sounds like i guess.
It might not be loud enough to hear, but it definately sounds like someone needs to start backing off some timing.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
It sounds like someone is using a turbo that is WAY too fucking small!

A big16g? Are you serious? On an engine w/ 3.0L of displacement? OMG your EGTs must be going through the roof! That big16g is a HUGE restriction in your exhaust path.

sroufe7 said:
dur...why didn't i think of that...lol
Because you are probably going to tell this guy that he needs to run a fuel cut defender to prevent him from bending electrodes... :fawk: :lmao:

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Oh... and those time slips... What altitude? Hell, the 3G can get into the 14s with a pretty much stock car. Something is seriously wrong if your ETs are that high. My Strat did a 14.9 naturally aspirated!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bent an electrod on the third gear the rest of the race on five cylinders.

speed 96mph and you ?

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
TD05 is just the style/size of the exhaust housing being used. There are quite a different number of TD05 based turbos but really, any of them are way to small for a single turbo configuration w/ the 3.0L. Honestly, twin big16Gs would be a nice setup. It's a common turbo for DSMs and EVOs of all years. Just to give you an idea, a Big16G is considered to be a minor turbo upgrade for a DSM. That's a 2.0L engine. Putting a housing that small in the path of 3.0L of displacement creates a lot of back pressure which in turn creates a lot of heat on the pistons, valves and plugs. Absolutely way to small.

I ran a 14.9 at 92MPH w/ just intake and catback and 2.2 60' untuned. If you are a manual V6 that has some kind of forced induction, you should really be in the 13s even at modestly low boost.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts