Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home and hit a pothole in the ground going maybe 20, it was dark on a road I don't take that often. Of course I thought I bottomed out & I was scared on the damage. Turns out I bent in the rim in this process, so I guess the question is, can I repair this? Do I need to repair this?

The tire appears to be holding air after about 6 hours & driving a little with it on there. Friends are saying it's just cosmetic damage & the seal is still firm. And the seal is still firm. So the question is, is it broken? I've been told if it's not broken don't fix it. That's the route I'm looking to go, but I don't want to damage my tire as I just bought the car 2 months ago & just put brand new all seasons on it last month.

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,426 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well any clue where I can get a new set of rims for less than $300.00? I've still got to figure out why my car isn't starting 30% of the time...

·
Sword at the Ready!
390 Posts
You don't need an entire new set, wheels/rims are sold individually. I would start at tirerack.com I've ordered plenty from them, good prices, fast shipping, they have contracts with local shops so you get discounted or free installation of tires and wheels. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Its not worth it to fix it. Local guys around me charge 100-150 per wheel to fix them. They are never quote unquote fixed, just mended. Most people that pay to get wheels fix have rare/discontinued/expensive wheels. For the price of trying to have someone fix it you can easily buy a new one.

·
Sword at the Ready!
390 Posts
That's a Motegi MR7... one of the most common aftermarket wheels ever. And they're cheap.
:agreed: I had some Motegi's and one got bent on a pot hole...Enkei's have held up much much better aside from curb rash. Honestly I would get either a new one since they are cheap or something more durable but that's the same dimensions as your new tires so you didn't blow $ on new tires to have to change them.

·
Sword at the Ready!
390 Posts
The Motegi MR7 was discontinued, any idea where I can get a tire like this? Please help, this rim isn't going to hold much longer.
Wait are you saying your replacing the rim/wheel or the tire? If it's the wheel/rim I would just get something else if you can't find that specific one on ebay or something. But tirerack.com has a good selection

1 - 13 of 13 Posts