Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

best nitrous system

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Doc Nitrous 
#1 ·
hey guys im new on this and not quite sure what im doing yet. but i was wondering what you all have for nitrous systems and if you could tell me what kind of luck you have with what system. that would be great thanks

#6 ·
2000~3GT said:
alright thanks. have you ever worked with the zex system? that is what this performance shop is telling me to go with because of the computer. have you heard anything about zex's computer controlled system and if it even works very good?
You also have to be careful at what "performance shops" tell you, because some may recommend certain items simply because the profit margin is greater and they can sell you more purple fruity looking crap. Exactly what have they accomplished with Nitrous setups?

#8 · (Edited)
Tearstone said:
For tuners that I know that live and breath nitrous (one of which that puts Honda Hatches in the 10s with Nitrous), they say those two are the worst.

Tearstone said:
You also have to be careful at what "performance shops" tell you, because some may recommend certain items simply because the profit margin is greater and they can sell you more purple fruity looking crap.

nuff said

prob the same RIPP haters as well

unless you can explain why a certain kit and flaws it has, its doesnt really mean all that much

#11 · (Edited)
i personally have a zex wet kit on my gts w/o any problems but have def. heard of problems with the solonoids sticking and you cant get new ones you have to order a new "brain" thing. Also make sure that you dont go driving around with the bottle open when youre not plannin on spraying since that leads to premature failure of the solonoids if they have 1000 psi pushing on them at all times. if i was to get a new kit i think id go with the nx mainly because of the higher quality of the solonoids. the downfall with the nx is that you have to get the tps switch separately i think, and know how to piece the whole thing together, tps switch, rpm switch etc.... but quite frankly you should make sure you know how everything goes together and works any way before you even think of buying a kit

just my .02

#12 ·
ride161 said:
i personally have a zex wet kit on my gts w/o any problems but have def. heard of problems with the solonoids sticking and you cant get new ones you have to order a new "brain" thing. Also make sure that you dont go driving around with the bottle open when youre not plannin on spraying since that leads to premature failure of the solonoids if they have 1000 psi pushing on them at all times. if i was to get a new kit i think id go with the nx mainly because of the higher quality of the solonoids. the downfall with the nx is that you have to get the tps switch separately i think, and know how to piece the whole thing together, tps switch, rpm switch etc.... but quite frankly you should make sure you know how everything goes together and works any way before you even think of buying a kit

just my .02

alright thank you for the input. also is it hard installing them kits and where exactly did you mount your bottle? thanks

#14 ·
miltak said:
are you using it on stock motor?
I am just puting together ripp stage1 and it's rated at 350hp,so I was wondering what will the wet kit do with supercharger.
Dan
you won't hit 350 hp with the stage 1, probably more likely around 270-280 whp if you're a 5 speed and lucky.

...and I wouldn't even think about putting nitrous on a stock motor along with a supercharger (or turbo) running any psi. unless of course you like replacing engines.

#15 ·
miltak said:
are you using it on stock motor?
I am just puting together ripp stage1 and it's rated at 350hp,so I was wondering what will the wet kit do with supercharger.
Dan
you won't hit 350 hp with the stage 1, probably more likely around 270-280 whp if you're a 5 speed and lucky.

...and I wouldn't even think about putting nitrous on a stock motor along with a supercharger (or turbo) running any psi. unless of course you like replacing engines. and big fires.

#17 ·
I live about 45 minutes away from NX HQ's, and have been there and seen their new toys. If people tell you the ZEX kit is the safest, they are full of it. NX has a nitrous controller that installs on your PDA, which also monitors A/F ratio and will shut down the kit if it gets out of tolerance. It also does everything else that any nitrous controller does, plus a few more really cool things. I got a demo of it, and it is simply awesome. I believe that NX's controller is about as safe as you can get. (relatively speaking).

#18 ·
bad things ive heard about zex from other members, and natedog can confirm, are that it has poor purges and leaky solenoids and some other issues. he's running a 100 wet shot with NX on his stock motor :eek:

#20 ·
Being a "Rocket scientist", i tried many system on different car of course...

on my 3 g i had a ZEX (Tried .32 & .34 jets)and venom now, at first i was running only the green jet(25hp), but i quicly changed to the purple(50) until i tasted the gold(75) one. i tried going back down to 50 but the crave was too strong... i switched back to the gold

Im tempted by the "forbidden" black jet now that i have the required fuel and a safc 2 to keep everything safely rich... but that is another story...

I sold and installed 3 zex kit, one edelbrock wet(carb) kit and sold a NOS and 2 NX kits.

The main difference are solenoids size, capacity, and assembly quality.

Smaller solenoid are ligther and easyer to place in a tight hood

the solenoid flow capacity is determined by the size of the passages in the solenoid

Edelbrock solenoid looked a bit cheap at first look (the must buy it and put their sticker on it) but had quite a big hole for nitrous flow.

Zex solenoid from purge kit are big and heavy and ive seen none fail to date

ALL solenoid may fail, no matter what brand it is. Most solenoid failure are caused by improper use (running them without nitrous or at low bottle pressure is a good example)

I think that in order to truly evaluate a kit quality you must look at all the components in it and the designs and features...

I give #1 to venom : High quality shielded wires, Monitor basic A/F ratio and stop spraying when see a lean condition, nice monitoring panel with activation switch (the blue LED is too strong however) Nice, clean and complete installation book with wirings info on the specific car and a acceptable quality, small and light solenoid, and a nice BLACK bottle with a valve protector on it, definatly this is THE kit but its much more expensive too...
I just remenber one thing i found hard to deal qith on this kit : MAKE THE CONTROL PANEL GO THROUGH THE RUBBER BOOT without damaging or scratching it...

All the others can do just fine too its all a matter of price and needs..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.