Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up club 3g

I’m trying about 5 years too late to find one of the aforementioned adapters.

Long story short my baby just died on me and I want to give it new life. My 03 eclipse was bought brand new for my aunt when she was 16 and I was 12. For the last 20 years I’ve lusted after the g3 eclipse that is now finally mine. After having her for 6 months, putting in hours of wrench time and blood sweat and tears I blew a head gasket and are faced with a decision. Repair or replace.
I want nothing more than to put a 6g75 in her and bring her back to glory.
If anyone out there has any idea where to get the plate from the now defunct BHM I would be eternally greatful

Peace and love

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
454 Posts
There are always the wrecking yards as a parts source for old cars. ...J.D.

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT
380 Posts
I've seen people say they have them on the FB group "Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G club". Not actually listed for sale, but people have said "I'm looking for one" and someone says "I've got one". It's a place to start.

There's also a shop called BulletProof Racing that's supposed to either make the adapter itself, or to be in the business of making custom items.

You could also swap a non-MIVEC 3.8 motor. Or a 3.5 or 3.4. There's a lot to swapping the 3.8 besides the plate, although that's one of the harder parts to source.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I personally don’t know who it is but if I remember right he had another run of adapters made on one of the FB pages last year. I don’t have face book but tcroc30 on YouTube would prob know where to find one or what page it was even maybe tell you who he is.

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT
380 Posts
The guy who ran the MIVEC adapter group buys on FB is Joey Miller. He recently said he isn't doing any more group buys. Not sure who the actual fabrication shop was.

·
Registered
2002 Eclipse GT 5 Speed
64 Posts
I personally don’t know who it is but if I remember right he had another run of adapters made on one of the FB pages last year. I don’t have face book but tcroc30 on YouTube would prob know where to find one or what page it was even maybe tell you who he is.
As someone who is in the FB groups, the guys name was most likely either named Joey Miller or Victor Montanez as Joey used to sell some but he stopped making them. Plus most of the people who bought them bought them way ahead of time since he said he wasn't making anymore after the last time he put them up for sale. Victor was recently selling adapters himself but that was a long time in the making thing and he just got rid of them all since the guys who bought em, again bought them some months ago as I watched them for a long time ago when they were first mentioned and i even thought about buying one anyway when I didn't have a 3G as I've been apart of the groups since 2017 when I was in highschool.

Thanks for the help guys, I kinda figured it was a long shot, maybe it’s just time to move on
Anywho, I think you should ask one of them. Join the groups and ask some of the guys as most of the OG guys and the ones who have done those swaps and make those rare parts are now there instead of here as you'll be lucky to get a response here, let alone get them to make you a rare part from here to buy either. So give that a try if you are serious about buying one as I'm sure if they get enough folks serious that actually would buy, they may make more! Just gotta try and see.

Good Luck Brotha!

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,061 Posts
mivec plates were discontinued again unfortunately. Your best bet is to search the fb groups for a used one. I did hear a rumor someone else was potentially going to start making them but I can not confirm that rumor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts