Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 1991 Posts

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has all been talked about for a while, theories of how to go about it and so on. I have recently been working with somebody on creating the "Big Map" for the 01-03 Galant, and 01-05 Eclipse V6 platforms running boost. Currently however we only have this one ROM finished for the 05 (which I believe should suit the 03-05 V6), the 01-02 ROM will be worked on next when this initial patch is finalized...please be patient.

Current Features on this patch;
"Big Maps" High/Low Octane Ignition and Fuel (30 x 30)
Knock on CEL
MUT Table
2Byte Load
MAF Clipping Coefficient
Injector Battery Voltage Latency Compensation
Accel Enrichment
Open Loop Load #1 and #2
Min Coolant Temp for Closed Loop
Injector Scaling
MAF Scaling
MAF Smoothing
MAF Sensor Filtering
MAF Size
Rev Limit
Speed Limit
Desired ISCV initial step position with AC on/off - Drive/Neutral
Desired Idle RPM Neutral/Drive

High Octane Fuel Map

High Octane Ignition Map

Knock on CEL, MUT Table

This patch is all done by "Acamus" and he is doing this on a "donationware" basis. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated to show appreciation for his hard work, and continued support with developing this patch.
V6 Patch Donation

Input/Feedback/Suggestions welcome

Attachments

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this mean what I think it does? If so, that's great news!
If you think this means EcuFlash tuning for boost...then yes. EcuFlash tuning was in my eyes the best method to tune rather than spending money for a piggyback system like an Emanage, or a full standalone setup.

I was set on using EcuFlash to tune for my own build which is why I spent a great deal of time with this stuff to figure out as much as I could, and then requested assistance for taking it to the next level to make it happen.

·
"S" Car...Gooooooo
1,350 Posts
That's phenomenal! I can hardly wait to see the final results. I would love to have this option available for my 03 sporty instead of the other add-on options. Great work!!

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
If you can get this setup for an 01 ecu! YOU ARE THE MAN! I would be so happy to just use the flash over buying a thousand dollar stand alone.

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can get this setup for an 01 ecu! YOU ARE THE MAN! I would be so happy to just use the flash over buying a thousand dollar stand alone.
Once the 03-05 ROM is finalized and everything is in good working order I will be having the 01-02 ROM made next as I am ultimately going to be needing one myself.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Wait...

Did you just scale the maps? If so, that is useless. Calculations won't go over 100%. ALL THE CODE NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED SO THAT ALL CALCULATIONS WILL READ LOAD > 100%.

Simply rescaling maps and getting the larger footprint does nothing if the calculations won't use the cells over 100% load.

This is a step towards true EcuFlash w/ boost capability, but unfortunately it is a VERY SMALL STEP and USELESS without the calculation edits necessary so that the ECU will calculate load > 100%.

The entire ROM has to be dissected w/ IDA and EVERY SINGLE calculation for load in the ROM must be changed so that it stops capping load at 100%.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,954 Posts
Wait...

Did you just scale the maps? If so, that is useless. Calculations won't go over 100%. ALL THE CODE NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED SO THAT ALL CALCULATIONS WILL READ LOAD > 100%.

Simply rescaling maps and getting the larger footprint does nothing if the calculations won't use the cells over 100% load.

This is a step towards true EcuFlash w/ boost capability, but unfortunately it is a VERY SMALL STEP and USELESS without the calculation edits necessary so that the ECU will calculate load > 100%.

The entire ROM has to be dissected w/ IDA and EVERY SINGLE calculation for load in the ROM must be changed so that it stops capping load at 100%.
I was set on using EcuFlash to tune for my own build which is why I spent a great deal of time with this stuff to figure out as much as I could, and then requested assistance for taking it to the next level to make it happen.
You made no mention of solving the 100% load limit, which leads me to believe you haven't... as Greg pointed out. If you compiled the assembly code, and compared it to an EVO ROM, you might have something. Please explain, without divulging any of your programming secrets, how you found and solve the 100% load issue. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm gonna rip you a new ass for getting people's hopes up. Otherwise, you will get the due respect. Start talking....

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You must have assumed I just edited the load% and RPM fields..im not that much of a noob here people.

The hex file (ROM) HAS BEEN EDITED for the big map, knock on CEL, and other features we can do. This is no "hack" job and is being done by a true developer who has done this stuff numerous times. If any of you "get" the Tephra mods for the Evo, then this is basically the same thing, done by one of the developers on the EvoM community.

I figured the screen shots were good enough "evidence" but I suppose you would be questioning the stuff as you have...

This is all Legit work in progress people, no BS, no n00B ROM editing, I left that to the professionals to deal with

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,954 Posts
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You must have assumed I just edited the load% and RPM fields..im not that much of a noob here people.

The hex file (ROM) HAS BEEN EDITED for the big map, knock on CEL, and other features we can do. This is no "hack" job and is being done by a true developer who has done this stuff numerous times. If any of you "get" the Tephra mods for the Evo, then this is basically the same thing, done by one of the developers on the EvoM community.

I figured the screen shots were good enough "evidence" but I suppose you would be questioning the stuff as you have...

This is all Legit work in progress people, no BS, no n00B ROM editing, I left that to the professionals to deal with
Easy does it there. Greg asked a very legitimate question and we both had to make the assumption based on the countless jackasses who just expanded the cell grid and called it a day. That is where the initial skepticism comes from.

That being said, this is what this community has been waiting for and congrats are in order. Well done! :) Looking forward to seeing how this develops further.

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Easy does it there. Greg asked a very legitimate question and we both had to make the assumption based on the countless jackasses who just expanded the cell grid and called it a day. That is where the initial skepticism comes from.

That being said, this is what this community has been waiting for and congrats are in order. Well done! :) Looking forward to seeing how this develops further.
I know man, I just failed to clarify in the original post so I wanted to make it "bold" for others who read it lol.

I know what you all have done with the platforms here and I have picked up A LOT of awesome information since I joined with you all. I see a lot of the stuff you have had to deal with on stuff like this, so I could have worded the original posting better...but I was too damn excited at the moment haha

I am one of the few Galant owners besides boostzealot who appreciate and are pushing to understand and get this method used more on the V6 platform. I posted this on thegalantcenter forums and most don't seem to know what it is exactly.

As everything developes further, and everything is finalized I would expect to see a posted version up within the next 2 months (allowing very large "wait" period just in case, but I anticipate much sooner release honestly).

I took this stuff as far as I knew how to, but honestly the hex editing stuff is still out there for me to fully understand even in the IDA Pro 5.5 software I got. I searched all over on other forums to learn as much as I could to better understand things, and ultimately came to a "road block" on taking it to where it needed to be, so I asked for some help ad posted up on EvoM forums detailing some things and received overall postive assistance/encouragement from that community.

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not to get off the topic of boosted apps but does this mean the V6 guys may be able to use Tephra mods now also?
The tephra stuff is mostly the boosted features, but some of them could be implemented to the N/A stuff too I'm sure.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,954 Posts
As the first person (as far as I know) to use the flash exclusively for my 10 psi, this is great news. I've had to use a very conservative tune to make it work. It is not bad, but it is not efficient as it could be. So yeah, I'm stoked about this.

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As the first person (as far as I know) to use the flash exclusively for my 10 psi, this is great news. I've had to use a very conservative tune to make it work. It is not bad, but it is not efficient as it could be. So yeah, I'm stoked about this.
Dragon34x I believe is running his setup with EcuFlash (though only about 5psi I think).

I needed something to work for tuning via EcuFlash as my build is going to be seeing 15psi+ of boost. Definitely wasn't feeling the Emanage piggyback setup, or the money for a full standalone if I could make it happen with EcuFlash.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
I didn't mean to come off as a dick but many many people really have no fucking idea about ROMs and editing them.

However, you still haven't fully answered the questions. Just because something is Tephra oriented does not mean that it solves our issues. The Tephra code is basically ADDITIONAL code inserted into a functioning ROM that ALREADY understands boost. Knock CEL, gear dependent boost control, alt map switching... All that stuff is just additional code inserted. It WILL NOT FIX OUR CALCULATION ISSUES.

In order to fix the calculation issue someone would have to fully edit a ROM and literally change ALL OPERATIONAL LINES OF CODE THAT HAVE ANY SORT OF REFERENCE OR CALCULATION TO LOAD CONVERSION. That is the ONLY way these ECUs will understand load > 100%. If that is not being done, I don't see this being the magical blue pill because it's not. If so, congrats. That is fucking awesome.

I'll be honest... I still don't think that's what is being done. From what you have stated, it looks like there will be a bad ass N/A map out there.

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I didn't mean to come off as a dick but many many people really have no fucking idea about ROMs and editing them.

I'll be honest... I still don't think that's what is being done. From what you have stated, it looks like there will be a bad ass N/A map out there.
I know what you guys were saying, and how vague the original posting was on the matter. I even PM'd you asking about the stuff, I did as much reading as I could comprehend myself. When I found it more than I knew how to do, I simply requested help from developers on EvoM who know how to understand this stuff.
ATTN: Tephra, or any other "developers" - evolutionm.net

You can think what you want, but once everything is finalized to a full working version it will be posted up and everybody can see for themselves that this is a legit boosted ROM.

The fuel and igniton addresses have all been edited within the ROM to point to the "Big Maps" and not the originals. Everything that we can do to suit a boosted application is being worked on for this.

I couldn't do it myself, and if I did it would have been just as you are thinking...a "hack job" attempt because I simply don't know what I am doing. I have always sought out the answers to questions, or found people wiling to help...just as I have with this so that it appeals to everybody and not just my own benefit for my personal build.

1 - 20 of 1991 Posts