Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 01 Dover White Eclipse GT about six months ago and need opinions. It is pretty much stock exterior with the exception of some halo fogs. I have some black Enkei j-10 rims (not on the car yet. That's why no pics.), and figured I want to go for a black and white theme.
And before I get "search for pics" replies, I HAVE searched and found some. But didn't see any threads with a few of these specifics.
Anyway, I want to make sure the car stays looking clean and nice. Not rice. Thats my biggest thing with this.
1. I have stock tails and wondered if they will look nice if I just nightshade and clearcoat them (along with bumper lights and 3rd.) Or do I need new tycs? If I need to go the tyc route, cf or black for dover white eclipse?
2. Nightshade my turns, or get smoked clear ones to replace my yellow ones?
3. Should I paint my Mitsu emblems black? If so, with what?
4. What is a good percentage to tint the windows? I want that black look, but not so black I can't f***ing see and i get pulled over all the time :lol:

Alright, sorry for the book. Thanks in advance for the help. If you need pics to get an idea of my car, let me know.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
search the member rides thread. Theres ton of cars like what you describe

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
You couldn't have searched because you would've found a few 3G's that fit a "white/black" theme plus the answers to your specifics.

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
1. black tyc's. imo, the cf looks like crap on all cars, and niteshade just looks, well, dark-- to the point where, imo, it isn't worth it unless you increase your rearward lighting with a lot of led's, or brighter bulbs..

2. smoked clear, with the amber/chrome bulbs like this for the same reasons to not niteshade tails-- too dim once you get them black enough..

3. i think a debadge would be more time consuming, but have better results--i think black badging is overdone when everything else is black as well..

4.30% to see, 20% to get them black...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. black tyc's. imo, the cf looks like crap on all cars, and niteshade just looks, well, dark-- to the point where, imo, it isn't worth it unless you increase your rearward lighting with a lot of led's, or brighter bulbs..

2. smoked clear, with the amber/chrome bulbs like this for the same reasons to not niteshade tails-- too dim once you get them black enough..

3. i think a debadge would be more time consuming, but have better results--i think black badging is overdone when everything else is black as well..

4.30% to see, 20% to get them black...
Someone actually answered the question! lol Thanks man. Good answers.
On 3, you think I should debadge (which I won't be doing any time soon) or leave the emblems?

·
2011's are gay
4,791 Posts
look in my members rides thread, you'll see a black and white example, and if there isn't enough black then come back in 2 months, i got plans

·
Administrator
16,338 Posts
If you took 10 mins of the time it took to write your first post and looked in the members ride section you could have found multiple black/white 3G's. They're everywhere.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts