Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Blacked out lights?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  04gsNA 
#1 ·
My eclipse is the titanium pearl color. I want to black out my corners, reverse lights, tail lights, and get the black headlights. The only thing is I'm not sure how the black would look with that color paint. Does anyone have any pictures of someone who has done this already so I can see how it would look? Also a side note, where is the how-to on changing your gauge and hvac lights to different colors? I want to put blue LEDs in and cant find the how-to anywhere.

#4 ·
thanks for the how to, now i understand i need the 74 bulbs from superbrightleds.com there is only one option for the 74's. The 194's have a whole bunch of different types though. 4-led, 5-led and so on. What is the best type of 194 bulb to use if I am making them blue?

#5 ·
never mind, I got that all figured out, still looking for pictures of the black lenses on titanium pearl. A friend of mine mentioned using just a light layer of black spray paint over the lens and then clear coat it instead of nightshades. Makes sense and is cheaper but I don't want to screw it up and need to buy new lenses. Has anyone done this or know anyone who has? the spray paint that is, not night shades

#7 ·
Wrong. You're friend is an idiot if he recommended you to do that. I offer tinting as a service through Sport Compact Customs. There are PLENTY and I mean PLENTY of photos of what it looks like. COmmon sense should tell you a tinted black light on dark silver will obviously look good.

Contact me at sales@sc-customs.com if you're interested in pricing.

No, and I'm 99.999% sure NO one will recommend such. Do it right, or regret it later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.