Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question, but do you hear the blow off sound with the ripps mod supercharger

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Yes, you do hear the BOV on the SDS. It has a nice blow off sound and dosen't sound like a whistle, which gets anoying.

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
probably depending on what tranny you have. in my sporty, if i just shift it straight through then no, i dont hear a blowoff. if im just messin around and wanna hear it sometimes, or wanna get someones attention then i let off the throttle real quick and it blows off.

its crazy though, depending on how long i stay off the throttle the blowoff sounds way different. from a super soaker running out of water, or sometimes itll sound like the HKS sequential blowoff... weird

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
Tearstone said:
My BOV sounds like the Skyline in the beginning of 2gay 2curious, but a little more suttle.
dont lie

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
The new ripp bpv sounds like when a vacuum cleaner nossle is close to a carpet.... rushing air. When you are WOT and then let off, it lets out a big burst of air like WOOOOOOOSH.

I'm addicted to it.

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
yeah! exactly. it is quite addicting. i still think the HKS sequential is WAY better sounding than the ripp BOV though...

·
Vortech > VTEC
1,450 Posts
Tearstone said:
The original bypass valve that came with the older SDS kits which was the HKS sounded sweet.
If you replace the one Ripp sells with a GReddy Type RS, it sounds nice, not to mention that it doesn't look like it came from a high school metal shop. :lol:

·
Meow.
7,786 Posts
WEASELFURY said:
He lies not. I've ridden with him a few times. :drool: Russ, I do hate you for that though, because now i have turbo-fever, which normally wouldn't be a problem, except that I have a lack of funds :squint:

·
Registered
671 Posts
littleman54321 said:
He lies not. I've ridden with him a few times. :drool: Russ, I do hate you for that though, because now i have turbo-fever, which normally wouldn't be a problem, except that I have a lack of funds :squint:

Turbo fever seems to be an epidemic in Florida. :yesway:

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
yes it does! it seems as if F.I. for the 3g is stretching across SoCal too though! me, Napalm, and Brunotalledo all have FI. dont know anyone in socal with the SDS though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts