Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Ive been prying and punching this thing for 2 hours now. I completely removed the glove box and removed all 4 bolts that are holding the whole motor in place but I cant get it out. I thought alright Ill take off just the cover but I cant reach 2 screws near the firewall. Im going out of my mind, anyone have any help/tips?

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea I found out Im a moron. Instead of completely removing the blower and everything, glovebox, etc. I found out all I had to do is remove 3 torx/flat head/bolt screws on the bottom of the actual blower. That allows you to pull the fan and motor out and find out whats making noise. At least now if anyone hears some ticking or noises with the fan on coming from under the glovebox its something stick in the fins of your blower motor fan. For me it was those helicopter spiral shit things that fall from trees.

Im pissed because I spent 2 hours for nothing, but only 2 of those screws are easily accesible. Also for some fucking reason Mitsubishi lined the third one RIGHT up next to the firewall and the footwell curves so you only have 2-3 inches to work with. I tried using a stubby screw driver, no go. Tried a 1/4" rachet with 8mm socket and it cant get a good grip because of the foam shit in the footwell. I found out that using a alen wrench lodged into a 8mm bolt works well though.

·
54,462 Posts
Yea I found out Im a moron. Instead of completely removing the blower and everything, glovebox, etc. I found out all I had to do is remove 3 torx/flat head/bolt screws on the bottom of the actual blower. That allows you to pull the fan and motor out and find out whats making noise. At least now if anyone hears some ticking or noises with the fan on coming from under the glovebox its something stick in the fins of your blower motor fan. For me it was those helicopter spiral shit things that fall from trees.
if you hot glue some screen (like for home windows) to the undersides of the plastics under the wipe arms it'll keep that shit from getting up into there.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you hot glue some screen (like for home windows) to the undersides of the plastics under the wipe arms it'll keep that shit from getting up into there.
Will do that, I really don't want to do this again, my hands hurt :lol:

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
bump: very useful thread. Use the 3 bolts underneath. The one furthest to the engine bay is a BITCH due to clearence for a wrench. But do that one first!

Here's what was in mine:

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
LOL, yeah i had dead baby mice in mine, along with a nest.

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
omfg how did it smell in there hahahah

·
Registered
675 Posts
Mine vibrated the whole dash so I pulled the blower out to see what the problem was and it was full of acorn shells. I added a filter kit so hopefully I don't have to go through that again.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the entire plastic housing that the blower motor attaches too? I have all the steps done per the FSM, all the bolts removed, etc and it just doesn't seem to want to come out. It wiggles around but I don't want to go crazy prying anything and break the plastic.

I wouldn't be going this far with it but the mice that made my car their home decided to cover every inch of it in piss and nest material.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
You have to pull the whole dash out. The whole entire thing and there are a bunch of bolts underneath on the firewall. You'll also have to unbolt the dash support.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Oh Jesus Christ. Maybe I'll just reach my hand in it and clean it the best I can that way then. I need the car back on the road ASAP as someone hit my truck last night on the way home.

Thanks for the info Silvertune!

·
Registered
2 Posts
jeff Im having the same problem with my fan. You show a picture of what you found but it wont load for some reason. When you have the time could you kindly email me that picture at [email protected].

Thanks,
G.M.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The screws holding the blower motor in place have 8mm hex heads, fit a T-25 Torx bit or L-wrench. A 5/16" ignition wrench works well too.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
368 Posts
Welcome to the site @D-Wes.....While your information is pertinent to this topic .. may I point out that the last post on the subject was September 23third 2015....a little out dated... I made the same mistakes when I first joined .. Some one was kind enough to explain the ropes to me so I forward this info to you .When looking at comments on any post look to see when it was last active..
You should fill out your profile so the good folks here know who you are and what you are driving... Again D-Wes ... Welcome to the site ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts