Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of mid February, I blew my 6g72. I took it to the shop and they said they thought it was a thrown rod. I didn't agree with them, but I knew I would still need a new engine. The shop said $2200 to put in a motor with 75K miles. I, being 17 and on a very tight budget, refused their offer.

I worked for about 2 weeks getting the money saved up to buy an engine. I spent a whooping $900 on a used motor from a yard. Armed with my dads shop and the tools in it, a borrowed puller, and a Haynes Manual from my local Autozone, I went to work all by myself, with the occasional call to my buddy that does this for a living, doing my first engine swap.

On March 4th, at 10pm, I turned the key to my car with the new motor in. After about the 3rd attempt at starting it for the first time in what seemed like forever, the engine started right up. It has been running great ever since.

As for my old engine, I've decided to build it. I've started taking it apart and found I'm going to need a new crank as I rolled a bearing on cylinder 1. And, of course, I'm going to have to bore my engine and put new pistons and rods.

I've decided to go with a Ripp Mods Supercharger as many have before, but I am going to have to get a little deeper with my build than many of the threads I've read have. If y'all can give me some contacts to get the parts I need ordered, that'd be great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please keep the unnecessary comments and hate to a minimum.

So far I've done a CAI, iridium spark plugs, new exedy clutch, got my main cat cut off, and put a muffler on it performance wise. I planned on Venom injectors and pump, Tein Springs, Megan exhaust, headers, and strut bars, CP low compression pistons and rods, Ripp Supercharger. I'm trying to find an ECU that I can hook up to a laptop and flash my ecu whenever I want and however I want. Like I said, I'm open to suggestions and ideas, no matter how ridiculous.

I'll post picks of my swap and tore down engine and keep y'all posted on my progress. Thanks

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
And the lounge seemed like the appropriate place to put this?
Fuck yeah it does. Totally relevant to none car related forums. :facepalm:

People don't read, it's unbelievable. He probably spent half an hour writing up this NOGAF story but didn't take the 3 seconds to hit the forum jump to see where he should have put it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok srry I wasn't looking in the right section of the forums. The first place I looked didn't have the button, the second place was the lounge and it did. Srry guys. Will move thread. So can some tell me how to delete this thread???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts