Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
thats :daniel:

its like an el camino, and the chevy SSR thing. in other words FUGLY!!!

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
UPDATE: And...product planner-to-the-car-stars Jim Hall tells us it's a one-off parts hauler for ZTechnik or another BMW motorcycle accessory builder that's used just around the compound. As for camouflage, Hall said: ""Camouflage means nothing. BMW puts camouflage on anything and everything. Look at that BMW Vision Connected concept. That has camouflage and they're obviously not building that."

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
...off a cliff. At least they're having fun with their parts hauler.
for parts, yes, its cool. as long as it does the 1/4 in less than 13.00

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
M3 sport wagon would be cool.

My wife always calls El Caminos and Rancheros "creep cars" because some guy lived in their neighborhood had one that would stare and act weird to her and her sister when they were young girls. I have heard this story enough that everytime I see one I think to myself is that guy a "creep" too? She even said that GTO concept a few years ago was a "creep car".

It is funny how a stigma can be attached to certain types of cars.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's official...M3 Truck on it's way

So i'm not sure if you guys have seen the test photos from around the net or if any of you follow Top Gear's website and news, but about a month or so ago, BMW was caught testing what looked like a small truck, with a 3-series front end. Well, BMW officially has released/debuted the vehicle, photos and article here:
M3 Pick-up article @ Left Lane News

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
After seeing it from the rear I am pretty sure it is based on a convertible. When you remove the hard top the rear deck lid and the active roll bar there is pretty much nothing back there. I will take pics the next time I see a conv out of a car and post it. People always make jokes about it looking like an el camino or putting a hot tub in there. We take them out a lot to send to the body shop when there is rear crash damage.

It would be interesting to see how they braced the car because the rear roll bar housing is a huge aluminum box that ties the floor and sides all together and is an important structural part of the car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts