Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't go flaming me just yet!
I'm not asking where to buy the cheapest one! or which looks the best! lol ;]

Just don't know the first thing about them, and would like some help.

I mashed the front clip of my car, so I need to replace: the hood, fenders, front bumber, etc.

So, why not get a carbon fiber hood, some pretty fenders, and a body kit now right?

Anyway, I was wondering how the body kits mount up and what's best for installing them.

Meaning, would I need a new front bumber to put a front peice of a body kit onto it? or would the kit be all I need? I know it may be different per kit, but what should I expect?

Thanks a lot guys.

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
having a front bumper kit would look stupid if you did not do the full kit, get get a WW lip off ebay and use a stock bumper

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I never really asked what it would look like, or your opinion on what looks best lol.

Answer the Question asked if you are going to reply plz.

would I need a new front bumber to put a front peice of a body kit onto it? or would the kit be all I need? I know it may be different per kit, but what should I expect?

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
The most popular kits here a the shine street and wings west. They are both lip kits, so you just need to attach it to the stock bumper. I dont know what year car you have, but I think the SS flows best with the 00-02 fronts and WW with 03-05.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
So, why not get a carbon fiber hood, some pretty fenders, and a body kit now right?

Anyway, I was wondering how the body kits mount up and what's best for installing them.

There are always exceptions, but most bodykits will mount in the locations of the stock piece it is replacing, or attach easily to a body part already present. Or at least, as best they can; most kits aren't constructed with the tolerances of OEM parts, and it is not uncommon for them to not fit *exact*. If you have the means or don't mind paying extra, have a qualified bodyshop make the proper adjustments to make your new parts fit as close to OEM as possible. This usually will require minor cutting and glasswork.

Meaning, would I need a new front bumber to put a front peice of a body kit onto it? or would the kit be all I need? I know it may be different per kit, but what should I expect?

It is different per kit. Generally speaking, a bodykit will replace the entire front bumper, meaning that it is a replacement as opposed to an addition. Lip kits like the Wings West and ShineStreet however will screw on to an existing OEM bumper, so you would need the stock bumper (or reproduction) to make those work. The Razzi front bumper is not a lip kit, but it still requires you to have a front bumper to cut up and make fit. So basically, your answer is, "it depends".

Your best bet from this point would be to find the parts that you want to use and then figure out what is needed for those particular parts to work on your car in its current state. Post up again when you know what you want and if you can't figure it out, but PLEASE be sure to use our SEARCH feature first and see if your mounting question has already been answered. Hope that helps.

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to be looking for one that is a complete replacement so that I wont be needing to buy a new front end AND a kit lol.

thanks man.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
well for what it's worth, a non-OEM reproduction front bumper is only $100-$150, so if you wanted a lip kit it's not overtly expensive to buy the front bumper to go with it.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
well for what it's worth, a non-OEM reproduction front bumper is only $100-$150, so if you wanted a lip kit it's not overtly expensive to buy the front bumper to go with it.
The cost of a generic front bumper replacement + lip is the same cost as an aftermarket front bumper. So - the decision is really up to you. If there is any cost difference, its minimal - so go with what you want.

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok awesome. I called around to get some prices and it actually may be easier to go that route.. Just because the fact that the mitsu oem parts are cheaper and available from the shop and won't need any modification.

I got some estimates and its going to be 2,500-3,000 to fix it. :'(

Anyway thanks for the help guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts