Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm looking at getting a new exhaust for my 03 GTS. Has anyone put borla on theres. If so hows it sound. Also I want to hear what ppls cons r with it. thx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So ok I was curious if there was any way I could just buy the Borla muffler, and do the piping and see about the same gains? If anyone knows I'd like to hear what they have to say.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Yea I honestly wouldnt see why you could not buy a muffler and resonator and replicate the system. The only difference would be how you had the piping. If your doing this at an exhaust shop they are most likely going to use aluminized steel and its going to be press bent. If you want you could order stainless mandrel bends and have them weld together an exhaust that way though Im not sure how much they would charge you for labor. If you can get a Borla for under $350 then I would grab it, otherwise I would put it together myself.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Oh and just so you know the Borla muffler alone is $100+

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'm still in the market for a muffler/catback and Borla has come into the picture a few times, i've never actually heard it in person so I may still hold off for a while. We'll see... From the videos though they do sound good, and probably much better on the v6 compared to the 4cyl.

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
I've got my Borla system sitting under my bed until spring, I picked up the whole system for $100 very pleased with the deal I found.

·
Lurker
825 Posts
I have a Magnaflow catback. I know people with the Apex and IVIDIA or whatever else they have for the Eclipse. But in my opinion, Magnaflow and Borla sound sporty, but not ricey or raspy. Very subtle at low RPMs and powerful at higher acceleration.

Go for either.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
I've got my Borla system sitting under my bed until spring, I picked up the whole system for $100 very pleased with the deal I found.
Did you ever end up finding out if the guy had anymore or could get anymore?

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
Did you ever end up finding out if the guy had anymore or could get anymore?
I don't think it's going to be possible at the price I got mine at. He had this system sitting on the shelf for three years and just needed to get rid of it, so I think I got his only one.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts