Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Never Too Much HP
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i get my bottle filled (10lbs) i only get about 750PSI tops in the bottle. even when i turn the heater on. i have a brand new NOS pressure gauge. i thought it was supposed to be around 950-1000PSI. anybody else have this issure or is the shop i am getting it refilled at ripping me off? thanks

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
Pressure is more a factor of tempurature than the ammount of N2O in the bottle. When you heat the bottle up, some of the liquid turns into vapor. The more vapor in the bottle the more pressure. Also, when the N2O is filled you will noticed that the bottle gets really cold.

·
Never Too Much HP
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i know all that... but everything i read states that for peak performance bottle presure should be around the 950-1000PSI... the more pressure the more liquid that will be forced out of the nozzle. the more liquid, the more HP. also vapor is bad, liquid is good. so by heating the bottle i wont have quite as much liquid to send into the motor?

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
The bottle has a siphon tube that goes all the way to the bottom of the bottle. It is basically a straw to suck up liquid N2O. The vapor would be on top of the liquid. This is why you have to mount the bottle with the valve at the highest point.

·
Never Too Much HP
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i know... thats why i would think bottle pressure is so important. because its that bottle pressure that pushs the liquid all the way down the line. and ya they do weigh my bottle but i was just wondering about the pressure.

·
Registered
388 Posts
myrt said:
everytime i get my bottle filled (10lbs) i only get about 750PSI tops in the bottle. even when i turn the heater on. i have a brand new NOS pressure gauge. i thought it was supposed to be around 950-1000PSI. anybody else have this issure or is the shop i am getting it refilled at ripping me off? thanks
What's the ambient temp? I think I need to ice my bottle down some days.. 1200+ psi. Also my bottle keeps pressure till it's out of liquid..and then still has 800psi with just the gas alone. Maybe your gauge is screwed up.. or mine is. mostly over 100degrees down here though.

·
Never Too Much HP
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
g3gtsboy said:
What's the ambient temp? I think I need to ice my bottle down some days.. 1200+ psi. Also my bottle keeps pressure till it's out of liquid..and then still has 800psi with just the gas alone. Maybe your gauge is screwed up.. or mine is. mostly over 100degrees down here though.
ya see i am up in portland and its only like 80-90 up here at the hottest. but with the bottle heater, it shouldent matter right?

·
Registered
388 Posts
myrt said:
ya see i am up in portland and its only like 80-90 up here at the hottest. but with the bottle heater, it shouldent matter right?
My bottle heater doesnt get that hot. I can really barely feel it.. so I really dont know. bought it used, previous owner told me it did the same thing for him. I spoke to a shop, they said all the 12V bottle heaters suck, recommened a 110 model and an inverter. I read some specs on the NX and it looks like it might be better than the zex that I have.

·
Never Too Much HP
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bitter said:
NX is better than Zex. ask anyone who knows.
starting to agree... now my solonoids leak!! oh and Zex customer service has a e-mail to answer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts