Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lance Corporal
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im designing my own turbo kit and plan on going blow through using a GM MAF + Translator. Now I know on a suck through with our MAS you recerculate the BOV to the intake pipe before the MAS and turbo. But with the blow through do you still put it before the turbo or does it matter so long as it goes back before the MAF? Just something I thought about while sketching it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
blow through:
Code:
[throttle body]===[mas]===[bov]===[blower]===[filter]
suck through:
Code:
[throttle body]===[bov]===[blower]===[recirc tube]===[mas]===[filter]
                    |___________________|
 

·
Lance Corporal
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh? On the blow through diagram it dosent show where the recerc tube is. ANd you show the BOV before the MAS?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
you do not want to recirculate if you blow through the mas, it wont do any good.
 

·
Lance Corporal
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so recerculation is not needed on a blow through. Thats cool, simplifies the piping. Also the BOV should be before the MAF? Thats fine too. I am gonna use a GM MAF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
well yeah you can do it but why? as long as you blow off before the air gets passed through the sensor its all good.
 

·
Ah yes...
Joined
·
10,964 Posts
McLarenross said:
Ok so recerculation is not needed on a blow through. Thats cool, simplifies the piping. Also the BOV should be before the MAF? Thats fine too. I am gonna use a GM MAF.
Remember if you use a GM MAF, you will need a translator as well. One from a VR4 works and one from a 2G GST/GSX can be used.

Yes, the BOV must be before the MAF. :yesway:
 

·
New daddy
Joined
·
3,352 Posts
If you go with blow through then make sure that the BOV is not too close to the MAF. Also, I am not certain, but there probably is a certain distance the BOV should be from the compressor.
 

·
Lance Corporal
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I drew it up it Paint. How does this look to yall? Its not exactly to scale but you get the idea. Also Im gonna ceramic coat the hot pipes so the dont rust.
 

·
Ah yes...
Joined
·
10,964 Posts
McLarenross said:
I drew it up it Paint. How does this look to yall? Its not exactly to scale but you get the idea. Also Im gonna ceramic coat the hot pipes so the dont rust.
Nice job using paint :twothumb:

Looks good.
 

·
Kampfbereit
Joined
·
17,852 Posts
McLarenross said:
Ok, Im designing my own turbo kit and plan on going blow through using a GM MAF + Translator. Now I know on a suck through with our MAS you recerculate the BOV to the intake pipe before the MAS and turbo. But with the blow through do you still put it before the turbo or does it matter so long as it goes back before the MAF? Just something I thought about while sketching it out.
That's the beauty of the MAF, just blow through it and put the BOV between the MAF and the turbo.
 

·
Lance Corporal
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW!!!! Im in heaven!!!! The 3G FI GOD just complimented me on my design. Thank you. That realllllllly means alot to me. Im being serious. :hug3: :hug3:
 

·
To HELL With Georgia
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
Tearstone said:
:lol: no no no no don't put me on a pedastal like that, I'm just a member like the rest of you all :)
I'm going to have to call :bsflag: on the whole "..just a member..." statement. You are more than just a member to all of us. :kiss: :wub:

And the drawing looks good. Good job sitting down and thinking things out for yourself! :yesway:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
basicly you have two options with blow thru. atmosphere or recir, either works just as well

but remember that after the airs gone thru the intercooler, its cool air, and its been argued that if you recirc this "cool air" which can actualy now be COLDER then the outside air temp, if you recirc it its going to allow your intercooler to have to do less work, resulting in even cooler air temps ..

blow through option one :
Code:
[throttle body]===[mas]===[bov]===[blower]===[filter]
                            |_____>> vent to atmosphere
blow through option one :
Code:
[throttle body]===[mas]===[bov]===[blower]===[filter] 
                            |_____>> recirc to turbo inlet
suck through:
Code:
[throttle body]===[bov]===[blower]===[recirc tube]===[mas]===[filter]
                    |___________________|
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top