Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now this summer im putting my turbo project into action, but i was wondering if i get the Blow off valve sound when my car shifts gears, i have a sportronic so i wasnt really sure. and if i do a supercharger what does it sound like compared to a turbo, i know about the performance but just very curous on what it sounds like

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
lol if all you are interested in is the sound wtf dude just go to ebay and get the fake bov sound.. c'mon its not abou the sound its about the power.

Don't fuck with boost because it will fuck you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no no, im doing this for the power, im gonna make it a track car eventually BUT i was curious, i dont know if it will affect it at all, im tring to get info

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
Tearstone, what if you are going through the gears and you left off for a split second, shift and then hit the gas again? Its generally the same thing as a stick shift except your not pressing the clutch in. Just something I have always wondered. But if I was going to turbo my car, sound would be the least of my worries.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Yeah, you will hear the BOV if you lift off the throttle and the turbo has spooled. But why worry about that? The whoosh from the turbo is a much nicer/louder sound.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Tearstone, what if you are going through the gears and you left off for a split second, shift and then hit the gas again? Its generally the same thing as a stick shift except your not pressing the clutch in. Just something I have always wondered. But if I was going to turbo my car, sound would be the least of my worries.
Yes, I suppose if you wanted to shift an automatic like a ricer... that would work :fawk:

Okay... I'm guilty of doing it, so I know it works. :lol:

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Yes, I suppose if you wanted to shift an automatic like a ricer... that would work :fawk:

RICER lol (me too)

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts

lol, well man, the automatic is boring as hell, you have to have SOME fun! :fawk3: I think its ricer if you have a straight automatic and your sitting at a stop light and drop it in neutral to let it roll back and then shifting it back into drive when you take off...now THAT is ricer. Everytime I do the sporty mode, I let off for a split second when I shift, makes it more fun. It dont matter anyways, I will be going manual soon :wiggle:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
lol, well man, the automatic is boring as hell, you have to have SOME fun! :fawk3: I think its ricer if you have a straight automatic and your sitting at a stop light and drop it in neutral to let it roll back and then shifting it back into drive when you take off...now THAT is ricer. Everytime I do the sporty mode, I let off for a split second when I shift, makes it more fun. It dont matter anyways, I will be going manual soon :wiggle:
hahah for a second there i thought i was the only one that did that, but sometimes not letting off and shifting sounds weird when you have an exhuast, why manual? dont you have a hstc

1 - 20 of 37 Posts