holes dont look to round lol
nice box though got any pics of boxes for solo baric 12's

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
holes dont look to round lol
nice box though got any pics of boxes for solo baric 12's
I had to use a jigsaw, but nobody will see the holes once the subs are installed. I haven't had anybody ask for a box built for a square sub yet, so no I don't have any pictures of one. I may be building one soon tho. A guy got me to make him a design for one the other day.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
When I cut the holes for my box, I used a paper plate for the 10" template then found the center and used a rotozip to cut out the holes. It worked perfect. If you are planning on making more of these, which I dont know, I would see if you can borrow or buy one...

Definately good luck and it looks really really good. I think it is great that you consider air space when making the box!

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I cut the holes for my box, I used a paper plate for the 10" template then found the center and used a rotozip to cut out the holes. It worked perfect. If you are planning on making more of these, which I dont know, I would see if you can borrow or buy one...

Definately good luck and it looks really really good. I think it is great that you consider air space when making the box!
I believe my dad is getting me a rotozip for Christmas. :twothumb:

·
Registered
451 Posts
If it aint perfectly round it doesnt matter does it? I mean you wont be able to tell once the subs in there. But i guess it would bug the hell out of me if i made it because i would know its there.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it aint perfectly round it doesnt matter does it? I mean you wont be able to tell once the subs in there. But i guess it would bug the hell out of me if i made it because i would know its there.
You are right, but when I post the picture it's the one thing people tend to criticize. I think of myself as a bit of a perfectionist and I hate it when people think I slack on my work. So, in the future I will have a better tool for cutting the holes to prevent this.

·
Registered
245 Posts
When I cut the holes for my box, I used a paper plate for the 10" template then found the center and used a rotozip to cut out the holes.
The only reason why I bought a Rotozip was to make holes :twothumb:

But before I had one all I had was a jigsaw also and the holes that BuckyBoy made arent that bad... Not to mention I had a cheap ol jigsaw from Wal-Mart, but I guess it doesnt really matter what brand as long as it works!

In my experiences with making boxes carpetting those damn things seem to be the hardest. Especially if you have weird shaped ones. I'll post pix of one later.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Carpeting was pretty easy for me, and I did have an odd shaped box. I just sprayed the box with adheasive and stuck the carpet on. I did not wrap the edges or anything. I just cut larger pieces for each side and trimmed it down after it was dry. There is probably much better methods, but this one worked for me!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I dont really know... It looks the same how I did it anyway.The two sides are not wrapped, but the front, top, back, and bottom are all one piece. I did not want to fold the edges because it probably would have creased on me!

·
Registered
245 Posts
In my experiences with making boxes carpetting those damn things seem to be the hardest. Especially if you have weird shaped ones.
Carpeting was pretty easy for me, and I did have an odd shaped box. I did not wrap the edges or anything.
I wonder why you didnt wrap the edges...
I did not want to fold the edges because it probably would have creased on me!
Ok I understand... Carpetting was easy for you because you didnt wrap the edges! Cause if you meant carpetting an entire box (including edges, odd shaped or not) was easy for you Id definately like for you to explain ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts