Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If any of you guys are interested in a box design let me know. I download a 3D Sketch program that I enjoy messin around with. Just let me know what kinda dimensions you want and if you want a ported or sealed enclosure. If you have anything else that you might that I can design with this program just let me know and I will give it a shot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ooh....alright i dont have any measurements yet, but it would be awesome if you could draw up a design for a box that would fit flush across in the spare tire well of the car, i have the same model car as you a 00 gt, so ill get some dimensions for you and if i miss something that u need to get quick you could grab from yours or wait for me to get back to you.

Id prefer it to be for a single 12" sub, with 3/4inch board, no ports, now here is the cool part, the top i want flush all the way across, but the sub will be recessed down a bit so there is a 14" plexi window showing the sub below, Recess the sub approx 6"

Ive attached a very crude(no laughing) pic i did in paint in like 10sec

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have took measurements on my trunk for an idea similar to that so let me see if I can get it onto that program.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here you go Fatelost...

Took me about an hour and a half. For the top, I would suggest tracing the trunk out onto cardboard or somethin so you can get the shape right before cuttin it onto the board. If you need more measurements for the bottom or pics of the whole thing just lemme know. :twothumb:

·
Registered
118 Posts
that is similar to what i want to do, but for 2 12" subs flush with the top and my 2 amps sunk into the box...

·
Registered
113 Posts
awesome thanks for the designs, so this should fit in the tire well perfectly?

and since youve already measured it thankfully, could i get one with dimensions for the top board

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
awesome thanks for the designs, so this should fit in the tire well perfectly?

and since youve already measured it thankfully, could i get one with dimensions for the top board
i dont really wanna give you those because i dont want you to go cut it and it be wrong ya know. get a big piece of cardboard and start trimming it down and then cut it onto the board.
if i were to give you measurements and you go cut it and its too small then you would have to go buy another board.
you can take the carpet out of the back and lay it down on top of the cardboard and trace it, but then you will have to add a little bit in the corners.
thats what i did to get the rough shape.
edit: no the box wont fit in the tire well, but it will fit on top of the spare tire cover. or it should... check the height you have to work with. i believe it is around 15 inches and this box will be between 12-13 inches tall

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Bucky - I went to download this program (SketchUp) and I see they charge $495.00. Are you using the trial version or the free (non Pro) version? I'd love to use this program to mock up some amp racks and sub boxes but I'd just assume keep using a pencil, paper, and calculator if I have to pay $500 for this!

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright. I now know how to tune using aero ports and slot ports. Here is my box that I will be building very soon...

It is around 2CuFt and tuned to 32Hz

If the build goes well, I may build a couple boxes for you guys if anyone is interested. I wouldn't be lookin to make a big profit, just to get some experience and see if it is somethin I might wanna continue doing.
I am still doing designs too if anyone is interested.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to Lowes today and bought some 3/4 MDF. Tomorrow I hope to at least start the build. Pictures will be posted.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Think you can create a box that can hold 3 10" jl audio subs in the trunks floor?
If you can describe what you want into a little more detail and give me some dimensions of the box, then I will. I am assuming you want the top of the box to be like the one I did several posts up. IDK how 3 10's will work tho.

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Hey, If I wanted a single 15" in the back right corner (nearest my rear right taillights) of my trunk facing inward toward the back of my seats, would you be able to mod that up?

I guess you could say.. Looking down at the trunk with the front of the car being NORTH. I would want it in the SOUTHEAST corner facing NORTHWEST or WEST.

Here's the sub 15".

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I could probably make you a box for that, but it isnt gonna fit in there perfect like a fiberglass box would.

·
Learning...
829 Posts
That'd be great man, it doesn'nt bother me any if it doesnt fit perfect.

I just dont want it to be too much in the way. I want to be able to use some of my trunk still :]

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey, If I wanted a single 15" in the back right corner (nearest my rear right taillights) of my trunk facing inward toward the back of my seats, would you be able to mod that up?

I guess you could say.. Looking down at the trunk with the front of the car being NORTH. I would want it in the SOUTHEAST corner facing NORTHWEST or WEST.

Here's the sub 15".
Do you already have the sub or is that just what you are planning to get?
I looked at our trunk the other day to get some measurements, and I think it would be tough to get a 15 in the corner with because of the height.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts