Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey: Ok guys here it is. I got 2 solo L7 12's lined up for my ride when I get back from Iraq. My question is directed toward box type and which direction should the subs face. By box type obviously I mean ported or sealed. By asking which way the subs should face I mean either face up towards the back glass or towards the trunk. All opinions and info is greatly aprreciated and thanks in advance.:confused: :twothumb:

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
ported. end of discussion about that.

you can face them up or back, it really wont matter in the eclipse. it will be loud regardless. i would say around 2.5-3cuft tuned to 32hz would be good for the l7s. it may be hard to fit both of those in the trunk of your car in a ported box, but it could work.

if you need a box built, PM me. I can do it for you :twothumb:

here is one i finished yesterday...

it is only 2cuft tho.

·
20s are bigger!
288 Posts
yes definitely ported. it will be a big box tho. i would face it towards the trunk but its just whatever you like its not going to matter.

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow thats a big box i dont really know exactly how im goin to set it up yet but im just collecting ideas? its probably goin to be a custom build though. anyone seen any good custom build with solo l7's?

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
by custom do you mean fiberglass?
if by custom, you mean not prefab, then a simple box with ~3cuft @ 32hz would make them loud in the clipse.

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol yeah i mean not prefab i think with the way im goin on my eclipse fiberglass would not look good in the end. by custom i meant custom fitted i just dont want a square box i would like it to look part of the car.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
well i have an 00 gt so if you figured out how to wanted it to look like part of the car just let me know and i will make a design for it and see if you want it built.

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds great man I'll start talkin deals about a week or so after I get back stateside. I''ll keep you updated:twothumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts