Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i wasnt really sure where this thread would go so i thouht it belongs in the brakes section. anyway. ive been thinking about painting my brake calipers blue and was wondering how i would go about doing it? like how long does it take to complete a good job and where can i get a stencil with the work eclipse on it cuz i notice some people have the eclipse on their brakes and i thought it looked pretty cool and wanted to do it. can anyone pm me about this? thx

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
You can go the cheap route and just get engine paint in the color you want. Then just put the car on jacks, take off the wheels, put a bag over the rotor and cover up the rest of the wheel well. Then use a wire brush and brake cleaner to clean the calipers. After that just lay on a couple coats of the engine spray paint.

A better way would be to buy the duplicolor caliper kit as its a brush on paint and easier then spray paint. It also is ceramic and resistant to brake dust.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Yeah this should have been in Show and Shine.

Remove them, clean them, paint them, apply stickers.

That's the general process. Do some searches and reading and if you have another question go ahead and ask it later on in the other area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.