Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently installed led tailights. The issue I'm having is when I turn my headlights on my brake lights do not work. Turn signal and running lights work perfect. Brake lights work when headlights are off. Any clue what is going on?

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is a good one..... The only thing those 2 circuits have in common is the ground for the light. I can tell you that LEDs act much different than incandescent. The only difference when having the headlights on and off is that the marker light circuit is being powered. If I were checking this, I would start looking at my grounds.. Sounds like the marker is overtaking the ground and not allowing the brake circuit to operate. Use an incandescent bulb to double check your grounds, preferably a headlight ( high load ).
There is a capacitor in the brake circuit that MAY be messing with the LEDs. Not sure about this though. Wouldn't think that would do anything, but like I said, LEDs are different....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also found that if I have my headlights on but not the car the brake lights work. Once I have headlights and car on they dont work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts