Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stock N Slow...
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to do the rear disc swap on my 00 GS. However, I would like to used new hardware when reattaching the assemblies. Does anyone know the size of the hub bolts? (I'm not talking about socket size either)

·
Stock N Slow...
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No pictures, but my disc setup came off a 8G galant. In hindsight, I should've taken the time to get the rotors turned and put in new pads, but it was servicable and will work until I do brakes again. Then I'll throw powerslot rotors and Axxis metalmasters back there, just like I have up front.

I didn't modify the ebrake cables, I just installed brand new GT cables. A bit of a PITA, but I wasn't about to take a dremel to anything.

Car stops sooo much better. Of course SS lines on the rear and bleeding the damn system helped out greatly i'm sure. I pulled so much air out of the lines its not even funny. Pedal feels like a brand new car.

·
Low and Slow.
1,796 Posts
No pictures, but my disc setup came off a 8G galant. In hindsight, I should've taken the time to get the rotors turned and put in new pads, but it was servicable and will work until I do brakes again. Then I'll throw powerslot rotors and Axxis metalmasters back there, just like I have up front.

I didn't modify the ebrake cables, I just installed brand new GT cables. A bit of a PITA, but I wasn't about to take a dremel to anything.

Car stops sooo much better. Of course SS lines on the rear and bleeding the damn system helped out greatly i'm sure. I pulled so much air out of the lines its not even funny. Pedal feels like a brand new car.
:werd: I didnt have to get anything new for my setup, it was nice. I plan on getting slotted rotors all around. For the ebrake cables, I had to do nothing. They popped right into where they were supposed to go.

Not to divert this thread, but here is what I used/ what I did Link-Rear Drums to Discs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts