Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I have a 03 gs spyder and I'm having to replace my brake system and I'm having a hard time finding aftermarket factory replacement stuff. I'm not going big brake conversion, but I would like to know if I can get ahold of a decent set calipers (preferably blue), and if I need to change from basic rotors to slotted. Also are there any aftermarket rear drums replacements and should I color them? As soon as i get this done, I'll be installing some coil overs and adding 17" wheels.

Any advice and what and where to get said parts would be greatly appreciated. And before anybody says it, I am combing through the forums looking for answers. Just havent found any that satisfy my questions yet.

·
Administrator
16,310 Posts
Best thing to do is invest in some evo 8 brembos. You'll need some wheels that'll fit them. So I recommend getting some brembos, and evo 8 enkei wheels at the same time. Screw the rear drums, just convert them to calipers. You should be able to get the wheels, brembos, and all parts needed to convert for about 1K.

·
USN
950 Posts
Craigslist. Ebay. Other market places. But you are going to need other parts like backing plates and rotors. There are excellent guides here that talk about swapping to both disk on RS/GS and going to Brembo's as well. It takes some work to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dude just go to the auto parts store and order Replacement rotors,calipers,break from the evo 8. It fits and it's way cheaper. It's what I'm doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts