Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cola
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have my car in the shop today to get all my belts replaced.

Timing.. and all the others, and the water pump..

well for all the belts and water pump to be replaced, I got a wopping 700$ bill. :(

While replacing them, I was told that the passenger side boot was looking like it was in bad shape, he told me that it was still holding grease, and it was okay for now.. But he couldnt tell me how long he thought I had left to live on it. lol.

I was told that... No boot kits are available, only thing I can do is buy a whole new axle or w/e from dealership.. (468$!) WTF . I didnt even want to ask how much labor would have been. But that was my estimated part cost..

Next.. my clutch is going out, he quoted me 500$ for just labor..

Questions...

Are there anymore available boot kits, where can I get one to replace it. Are they hard to replace? Is it something I should probably just get a shop to do?
What does the labor price look like for replacing that whole axle.

Is there anything I can do to prolong the life of that boot until I can get enough money to have something done about it?

How long is an average clutch job take?

I did search for some of these, but I figured since I had a few different questions I would just ask them all, and we could get a nice thread going. :)

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
autozone sells boot kits Id just buy a new autozone axle for 98.00, its a betetr deal in my opinion. the 500 in labor for the clutch is a good deal

·
Registered
339 Posts
You don't have to get the axle assemblies from the dealer. I have heard pretty good things on alot of other forums from this company called Raxles. Raxles - Raxles Home . I e-mailed them and they quoted me 150 for each axle assembly for my car. They fabricate brand new axles specifically made for your car. It would be ok to get an autozone axle assembly but they are just rebuilt ones, so you might have the same problem down the road.

Oh and I was quoted 350 for my clutch. Just go around and get quotes you might be able to find a better price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts