Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hola
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girlfriend really wants to get a Mazda 3, and since she knows nothing about cars and is way to emotional to do any sort of haggling, I'm flying solo to the dealership today. Its an 07 and the price is 16975 for the S sport model. it has about 20k miles. Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on the price. Here is the link to the car.
Hertz Car Sales of Billings, Montana - 2007 MAZDA MAZDA3-4CYL
Anyone have any questions that need to be asked that aren't normal stuff like previous owners, maitenence records, warranty's?

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
That's a ridiculous amount of miles when you consider that the car is less than a year old. The previous owner's all but used up the car's warranty. And the dealer is asking $17k for it?? What was the original MSRP? I think they're asking $2000 too much.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Edmunds.com is giving a range from $14k to $16k from dealer trade-in to dealer retail.

·
Hola
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TMV puts it at 15.7K and Blue book has it at 18.5k...I asked the guy about the price and he said they "aren't like other car companies with outragoues prices"..so I'm thinking he is basing their price off the KBB. But either way. I'm going to test drive it and look it over in about an hour. Any key points I could use that other people have to talk a dealer down a few bucks?

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Dude, it's a Mazda3, not a Lotus Elise. Every Mazda dealership has dozens of them sitting on their lots. If this guy won't give you a decent deal, just go somewhere else. That should be all the negotiating tool you'll need.

BTW, I reran the numbers with that mileage and edmunds says it's only worth $15,300 retail. You're getting screwed if you pay $17k. Kelly Blue Book is a worthless guide. Use NADA if you want to know what dealers use to price their vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts