Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, I have a Mitsubishi eclipse 2005 with infinity sound. i changed my HU using the metra 70 7003 harness and it all worked perfect. i decided to buy front speakers since one of them wasn't working well. started reading up and i understand that running my new speakers with the infinity amp would be a waste and possibly can damage my speakers. how can I bypass the infinity amp if im only changing the front (door) speakers? I know my kenwood HU has a built in amp and read its better to use that, don't have the money to buy a better amp.
please help me!!
thank you

·
Spring King
4,967 Posts
The factory amp won't actually ruin anything if you're not running max volume and distortion all day long. But it may have some built in equalization you don't want, and not sound good. I'd give it a try and see what you think, then fix it only if it's an issue, maybe you won't care and it'll seem fine.

If you do hate it, then you have to take the outputs from the new head deck and go straight to the speakers. You'll be running new wire, soldering, temporarily removing panels and / or carpet, etc. It's not a huge deal but it'll be a little bit of work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I generally listen to music at max or around that. I rather run the wires but the problem is i dont understand what i would run them to. The Metra 70 7030 only has 4 wires so the speakers are connected to the infinity amp adapter.

·
Spring King
4,967 Posts
Find the powered speaker leads coming out of the head unit. Find the wires leading to the speakers in the door. Connect them to each other. That's basically it. You just leave the factory amp totally out of it.

Beyond that be sure to solder & shrink wrap your connections, pay attention to polarity, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts