Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
That picture almost made me gag ..Not the picture but the memory it brought back.. A short while ago I bought an endoscope . My cus said his free standing air conditioner stopped working . Not knowing a thing about them I got out the endoscope thinking I`d have a look inside . I took off the drain plug cap and stuck the scope in there . :eek::eek::eek::eek: there was these black bugs running all over the place and piles of only God knows what... Out came the scope and I was out of there . Jim asked me to help him push it outside and I said your on your own .. Creepy

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. HD sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
36 Posts
By that I assume you mean the evaporator. (The condenser is in front of the radiator). I intend to open up the inside and clean whatever needs to be cleaned while I have it apart. As a licensed A/C tech, it is hard to believe they made this thing without a filter ! ! ! ...J.D.

·
Registered
141 Posts
By that I assume you mean the evaporator. (The condenser is in front of the radiator). I intend to open up the inside and clean whatever needs to be cleaned while I have it apart. As a licensed A/C tech, it is hard to believe they made this thing without a filter ! ! ! ...J.D.
Yep, you're correct, I meant the evaporator. They originally designed 3gs with a filter, but Mitsu removed them between 2000 and 2001. Not sure if they had a reason. I've seen a couple people complain that the filters get wet easy and then block all air until they dry out.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts