Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and I have a bit of a question. I've searched the boards with no straight answer so I've decided to make a post to better explain myself.

I have been looking at getting an intake for my GS automatic and so far, the cheapest alternative has been the NOPI cold air intake. As of last christmas, they have apparently stopped selling an intake for the 4G64 and now only carry one for the V6. Just eyeballing it, the intakes seem to run the same path. Now, my question is will the CAI made for the V6 fit a 4G64?

NOPI Online Store

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 6g72 runs the same path as the 4g64. Throttle body is in a different place, but not by far. Both engines have the same transmission. So therefore, in theory it SHOULD fit if the flex connectors they give you fit the different throttle body position. I'm not 100% positive on this, so I wouldn't order just yet.

Edit: I'm not sure what the 4g63 has to do with the 3g. I'm taking it as a typo.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Honestly dude, you'd be just as fine with buying an intake kit from Pep Boys if you don't wanna spend the 200+ bucks for an AEM or Injen. Just get the polished "chrome" style piping, not the flexible plastic ones. If I can remember to, I'll take some pics of mine and post them in here... or just email me on here so I won't forget. It's cheap, easy, and you won't have to wait for shipping. Plus, you won't notice hardly any difference between an intake like that, or an Injen since they're both doing the same thing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for all of the input. I'm looking for a good intake at a reasonable price and I don't feel like throwing down $200+ for a few horsepower. With the GS being my daily driver, I much more enjoy putting cash into my 4XE1 DOHC Isuzu engine. However, I'm trying to talk my dad out of buying the "Zomk Speed" intake off of EBay, I'm a bit afraid of faulty products.

And 4G63 was a typo; post edited.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I'm not sure how a simple tube and cone filter could be "faulty" but its good to see you are actually worried about quality :yesway:

I went from an "ebay" CAI to an Injen and I could tell no difference. I mean really, its just a pipe with a filter. Not too much to mess up or R&D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts